Your views on wanted on wedding blogs

Hi everyone,

I've been thinking about starting a new wedding blog, that's there to help Sheffield couples.

There's lots of great popular blogs out there that show off some beautiful weddings and some great ideas, but my experience whilst planning my wedding has been that I want to see as much as possible of the venues, suppliers and services that I'll be using for my big day, not some out of reach florist or venue that's based at the other end of the country.

But it's hard to find lots of Sheffield-based stories on these blogs. So I'd like to work with Sheffield couples and suppliers to bring you as much information, experiences and photos of weddings taking place around Sheffield, including South Yorkshire and North Derbyshire (we have such a great choice around Sheffield!). I'll be looking to include weddings of all tastes, sizes and budgets, so you can get a real feel of what's out there.

So I'd really like to know your views on wedding blogs and the idea, to find out if anyone would be interested in reading it. I'd really appreciate it if you could fill in the survey I've put together:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/C9NJDM6

I really look forward to seeing your opinions and hope to bring Sheffield couples a really useful wedding resource!

Thank you! :)

Gemma

Hi I am wedding supplier and would be interested in helping you with your blog x :)

Hi Gemma - I too am about to start a wedding blog as part of our service to our couples that book us for their photography, but also to the wider wedding community. I also want to focus in on good quality suppliers (especially Sheffield based - I was really lucky with most of my suppliers and would like to big them up!) along with quirky ideas, features from real brides and couples. I am also recently married myself - perhaps we could do some work together?

Joanne x

---------- Post added 01-03-2014 at 12:03 ----------

Completed your survey :)

Yes! I would love this, I'm writing a diary for Boho-weddings and love, love wedding blogs, so much inspiration. Would definitely be interesting in getting involved :-)

Are you on Twitter indie-disco? X

I am, yes - I'm @naivemelody80

Hi everyone,

Thank you to everyone that's filled in the survey so far. I'd still like to get a few more responses to get a true feeling of how valuable a local blog would be. https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/C9NJDM6

My next step is to get a more in depth plan of how it's all going to work and how I can work with others to make sure we get a really useful resource going for local couples. I've had a super hectic week since posting this so not progressed any further than getting the survey together!

Also thank you to those of you who have offered to help out and contribute. I'll be in touch in due course when I've got a more thorough plan in place! Joanne/Mylo-Photo, it sounds like we've got similar ideas so it would be good to have a chat, I'll be in touch :)

I think a local blog is a fab idea. I think there needs to be a forum like this one for the Doncaster area too. I own a wedding accessories website so if you are looking for suppliers I'd be happy to help.

Thanks

I will look for the blog X

---------- Post added 27-08-2014 at 15:03 ----------

Hi there, my friend is getting married in Sheffield (Whitley Hall) next year and she has been gathering as much info on local suppliers as she is currently living down south. There are some good blogs for sheffield via the i-do magazine (which I think is based in Sheffield?) Also she has created her own personal wedding website with 'wedding hand' and it even has a map of Sheffield with hotels for guests to choose from and recommends local suppliers.