What do you do when you feel fed up or depressed?

This is not good advice so please don't listen to me but I drink myself into oblivion every night.

Go for a walk or watch a good comedy. Always helps to clear my mind. Nothing worse than trying to 'solve' it with a head full of thoughts so just ride out whatever you are feeling and know that you are not alone in feeling that way.

Sometimes I get out of the house and go shopping - retail therapy. I might not buy anything but it makes me feel better just to go out. Other times I get involved in doing something I love doing so that I concentrate so hard on that thing that negative thoughts can't come into my head. Negative thoughts create negative mood.....not good.

What do you do when you feel down?

http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/links2.htm

Some great advice here. For me, I find running to be a massive mood booster. Also a big fan of dancing (salsa) as well as Yoga, Meditation, and Tai Chi - to calm the mind and reconnect with the body and heart.

Exercise has been mentioned a few times here. I can honestly say it has never made me feel worse. Even if it is just a walk around the block, it`s worth it.

Cake my face in make up and wear my best clothes to walk round Meadow hall for a day out.

Get out my graph paper, crayons, pencils and rulers.

Depends on what is causing it. If i'm fed up and frustrated, I make bread or bake a cake - lots of kneading or beating helps me get the stress out on something that will cheer me up with awesome flavour when I have finished.

If I'm just on a downer, I try to read or go out for some exercise

Try acupuncture at Devonshire Acupuncture! A new Health Clinic by Devonshire Green, in town. Acupuncture is extremely effective in restoring balance and giving you a lift when you're not feeling right. Google our website or find us on facebook for more details.

I talk to a good friend about it, bouncing my worries off someone else helps me see a way forward. Go for a walk in a park or out in the peaks. Write down your worries too, set down a 10 mins period each day, be strict set your limits and a time to do it. Write them down, write down anything you can do then make a list of what steps you can take.

Listen to what is causing other people to be ''fed up.''

It helps,......... to share problems.

When I can feel my depression bubbling up I go and talk to my doctor and my counsellor.

That option has always been the one I would have liked to have had in my box of remedies. I always understood that it the type of help that cannot be accessed at the time of need- that you cannot just call on as & when needed without a wait. How do you get around that, I’m interested?