Need a volunteer?

If you want to get out of the house then Action for Stannington does a lot of environmental work outdoors and is always on the lookout for volunteers.

I have done hospital radio, patient surveys and other interesting roles
I imagine you have to be pretty careful about your choice of songs. For instance, you can't really play "Don't go breaking my heart" in the cardiac ward.

Hello I am looking to do some voluntary work. Is their anyone on here who could offer me a place. I am available any day and any hours. I have never volunteered before but am desperate to get out of the house and would consider any work. Thank you

Try the following, it's very rewarding.

http://www.communityresponders.yas.nhs.uk

There's a place just off division street where you can find out about different volunteering opportunities, just round corner from costa coffee. Job centre pointed me there, but I never went, do can't tell you what it's like.

St Lukes where wanting volunteer's in there shops, they was asking for them in the media about two weeks ago.

There's a place just off division street where you can find out about different volunteering opportunities

Voluntary Action Sheffield (VAS [Link]). A very good organisation.

Check out Aid Works in Sheffield :D they are holding a free training course called Women in Aid on March 8th (not just for women), which will help train you up and help you find voluntary work!

Rspa always need people to walk dogs etc

I am a St John Ambulance volunteer and I can happily say that it's been the most rewarding thing i've ever done! I've met some fantastic people, made some wonderful friends, gained skills that make a me a more confident person, and helped people at all sorts of events from Tramlines to football matches, the Christmas lights events and little village fetes. Check out the St John website for volunteer vacancies :-)

st wilfrids centre queens rd are wanting volunteers for the workshop and with help at the centre,they are also wanting adult winter clothing ,it can be dropped off mon to friday 9am ......4pm thank you