Need a volunteer?

Hello I am looking to do some voluntary work. Is their anyone on here who could offer me a place. I am available any day and any hours. I have never volunteered before but am desperate to get out of the house and would consider any work. Thank you

Try a charity shop =)

Then it's all above board, you're on the books, you can get a proper reference if you need it in future.

I tried the local charity shop today and they didn't need anybody but they did give me an application form for their other shops but their too far out.

Places are really keen for volunteers.

This is one of the most popular sites for volunteering.

http://www.do-it.org.uk/

enter your postcode or select type of things you are interested in and it will show you opportunities closest to you. Consider what you will get out of it as well becayse its a two way thing.

Alternatively just look up a charity and they will have a section on volunteering. You have to apply and normally see them for an informal chat. Certain charities might require you to pass a DBS check if it involves working with vulnerable people. You might have to wait till they have the next induction, so apply for a few and see what happens.

There are other places but its a good start. What im saying is its your time and charities value it, so dont sell yourself short.

Voluntary Action Sheffield (VAS) have a website and a mailing list with all vacancies in the area.

Hi, if you are close to S20 and like walking , Sheffield dog rescue are always needing volunteer dog walkers. Good exercise and lots of lovely walks near to the kennels . If you're interested I'll PM you details of where the dogs are kept. We also have a shop in Chesterfield solely run by our wonderful volunteers.

If you're not near S20, there are many other animal charities that need volunteers. If you look in the pet owners forum you'll find some ideas , not all hands on , could be helping in shop etc.

try Sheffield teaching hospitals. I volunteer one day a week at the northern general. wide variety of choice . I have done hospital radio, patient surveys and other interesting roles

Did you ever find an interesting volunteering opportunity

Labrador Welfare

are currently looking for volunteers with dog walking ( at Cliffe Kennels )

And with home checks and fund raising

For dog walking please contact Cliffe kennels directly at --

The Cliffe Kennels, Barnsley Road, Hoylandswaine, Sheffield S36 7HB

01226 762391

Anyone interested in doing home checks or fund raising should email their details to - [email protected]

http://www.labradorwelfare.org