What's happened at Park Grange?

Has there been an incident at Park Grange?

Any info?

xXx

We live near here and saw all of the emergency services. Hope the occupants are okay, but cars are always chancing it racing out of that junction so it doesn't overly surprise me. We have had many near misses ourselves.

It sounds like a nasty accident only know as my friend was on the tram

Tram 119 passed me heading back to the depot missing it's front bumper around 0845, normal service has now resumed.

was on the tram that hit it, not sure how it happened but the tram slammed its breaks on beeped for ages then hit the car , made a right mess of the car - was nothing left of the bonnet and the front of the tram was all messed up.

The people in the car where pretty shook up as you'd expect and a lady that was in the car was helped out and laid on the floor and looked very much in pain.

That's awful! Hope she's ok xXx

Will probably have been her own fault though. You can never beat a tram.

What about the poor tram driver who had to put up with it all? I have more sympathy for him/her than the car driver.

I'd bet she had positioned herself in the tram's lane in an attempt to cut into traffic on the other side of the road while emerging, tram driver beeped her and she remained there, tram can't stop like a car can, it happens all the time at this junction with the same positioning where they stop a whole lane trying to get to the other side, feel more sorry for the tram driver to be honest.

Was it on the corner just past the Spring Lane tram stop (towards the Arbourthorne Rd stop)?

No, it was at the junction of Kenninghall Road, the tram was just past it so I'm guessing there's no way in hell it could've stopped in time, and it can't have been going that fast as it's not far away from Arbourthorne Road stop.