South yorkshire police and their failure to act

" I think " ..."methinks" i not english.

Eh? It's obvious you are fuming here, hence that ^ Calm down dude.

Have you passed on the information to plod? About the eight youth who claimed the bike?

" I think " ..."methinks" i not english.

---------- Post added 23-02-2014 at 19:53 ----------

I take your point of view, but in my back garden???? think its a bit different.

Had you called at the time the youths were there (as assumingly you felt in danger/intimidated) then maybe I'd feel a little aggreaved that they hadn't showed after 30 mins too. However as far as plod are concerned from your phone call, it's just an abandoned vehicle just sat there in your garden, causing no harm to anyone.

i reported a drink driver last night no response wot so ever

Did he get home OK?

There aren't enough cops out there any more. Simple. Don't believe that all is well with numbers - this is just yet another example that proves there aren't enough.

Bit of an over-exaggeration in the thread title methinks.

Methinks you're right.

Yes there was - The chief inspector was advised to keep off the main roads.

Radio Sheffield revealed during interview with the chief constable that only 23 percent of the workforce are involved in solving crime so unless you live in Gotham city you are pretty well stuffed.

He added that the current workforce were at the peak of their historic integrity being the least dishonest bunch so far but after Orgreave and Hillsborough the bar is set pretty low to achieve that.

If you want an acce[table response via any of their complaint process then try riding your bike through the back gate of Downing Street and let the journo,s get involved for they are the true solvers of crime being the complete opposite of cover up.

Edited by Hemibr

Had you called at the time the youths were there (as assumingly you felt in danger/intimidated) then maybe I'd feel a little aggreaved that they hadn't showed after 30 mins too. However as far as plod are concerned from your phone call, it's just an abandoned vehicle just sat there in your garden, causing no harm to anyone.

:thumbsup:

---------- Post added 23-02-2014 at 20:52 ----------

About 1.5 hours ago my downstairs neighbour knocked on my door asking if i had parked a motorbike in the back yard, i went outside and sure enough there was a strange motorbike parked up.

Its nots mine, or his so i dialled 101 to report it.

20 mins later , no show from the police and i am having a ciggy on the doorstep, when about 8 youths come down my yard to claiim said bike. I tried to stop them as its my property , but not much i can do as there are so many of them, so i just let them take it.

Now after an hour and a half, no sign of the police..

next time i just wont bother calling them when something is sus.

complete waste of time and i pay council tax for this service.

does anyone have anyidea where apart from here i sould vent my fustrations?

What kind of response time we're you expecting for an abandoned vehicle after dialling 101?

:thumbsup:

---------- Post added 23-02-2014 at 20:52 ----------

What kind of response time we're you expecting for an abandoned vehicle after dialling 101?

Was thinking the very same thing myself.

To the OP, 101 is the non emergency number. I wouldn't have expected the police to turn up with 90 minutes for a report of an abandoned vehicle.

On the grand scale of things, an abandoned vehicle isn't really an emergency so they're not gonna come whizzing round with the blues n twos on. Not sure what you wanted them to do?

My thoughts exactly??

What were your expectations of the police when you reported this matter??

About 1.5 hours ago my downstairs neighbour knocked on my door asking if i had parked a motorbike in the back yard, i went outside and sure enough there was a strange motorbike parked up.

Its nots mine, or his so i dialled 101 to report it.

20 mins later , no show from the police and i am having a ciggy on the doorstep, when about 8 youths come down my yard to claiim said bike. I tried to stop them as its my property , but not much i can do as there are so many of them, so i just let them take it.

Now after an hour and a half, no sign of the police..

next time i just wont bother calling them when something is sus.

complete waste of time and i pay council tax for this service.

does anyone have anyidea where apart from here i sould vent my fustrations?

We had a very similar situation a few years ago. A bike was dumped in front of our house as a few lads had pinched it and couldn't start it. We scared them off and rang the police. I was told we couldn't touch and had to leave it where it was. Sure enough, a few hours later the kids come back and the bike was gone. If the police had got off their arses, someone would have got their bike back!!

Read this post with interest and quite frankly there is cause for alarm

i.e. Folks attitudes in general towards a seriously under resourced organisation, an organisation that would like to help but in many instances can't !

The lack of acceptance by folks that the situation will get worse and won't get better for many years or if ever.

Also folks complaining about Police response are inclined at times to open mouth before operating brain and that really doesn't help.