Another strange catch

i've hooked some weird objects during my many years of fishing and i added another to the list yesterday, an almost intact fish skeleton 12-14 inches long!

i was on a pike session and with nothing happening on deadbaits i went for a wander armed with a few lures. retrieving a plug along the bottom i felt it catch on something which i thought may be a sunken twig. when i lifted it out

the treble had actually caught in the mouth of the skeleton.

this has happened to me several times trebles catch hold of alsorts if you let them drop too deep. my pb skeleton is 15inches,i also once hooked a high voltage cable on the trent arm that was ilegaly supling a boat with power from a street lamp,thats true that

I once caught a ships oil lantern off Whitby and it was still lit.

I've caught some net curtains and a full white plastic patio table, still with legs on it in Sheffield canal lol

i was fishing a wreck off whitby and one of our party was bringing his breakfast up over the side and he lost his false teeth in the process. i took mine out, put them on on my hook and shouted 'hey bert, are these yours?'. bert put them in his mouth and said 'no, not mine' and gave me them back.

a while later i hooked a big cod and told the skipper i was looking forward to eating a fillet

or two with some chips. he replied 'you can't take that one, look at the smile it's giving you'. it had bert's teeth in it's mouth!

i was fishing a wreck off whitby and one of our party was bringing his breakfast up over the side and he lost his false teeth in the process. i took mine out, put them on on my hook and shouted 'hey bert, are these yours?'. bert put them in his mouth and said 'no, not mine' and gave me them back.

a while later i hooked a big cod and told the skipper i was looking forward to eating a fillet

or two with some chips. he replied 'you can't take that one, look at the smile it's giving you'. it had bert's teeth in it's mouth!

i was there.

This is by far the most entertaining thread ever.

i was there.

were you the lad who turned up with a pint of pinkies and a bloodworm/joker

match pack?

I was told he had a 2mtr whip, but did win on the day.

if i remember correctly he struggled for the first hour because his seat box was sliding from one end of the boat to the other until the skipper lashed it down.

Fishing the trent once n old fellow above me did the same, coughed n his false teeth flew out. Comic below waited 5 mins then put his own false teeth on line and shouted up to other guy "look what I've just caught". Looking surprised the lad upstream wandered down past me to him and said let's have a look. Sticks them in his mouth, took em out "nah not mine mate, they're too big" then slung them in the river.

if i remember correctly he struggled for the first hour because his seat box was sliding from one end of the boat to the other until the skipper lashed it down.

Was there anyone stashed inside the box first I wonder.