Unusual place to build a nest

Nests are a blight on the scenery. They all need pulling down in my opinion.

---------- Post added 23-05-2014 at 23:40 ----------

We should start fracking all the nests, LOL.

In all seriousness, fracking isn't too bad. Don't know what all the fuss is about.

Maplins must be so proud to have such a thoughtful store manager. Don't think I'll be popping in any time soon. Wonder if other people feel the same.

Blackbirds sometimes do this too, but look at the link, seems it may be more common than we think, I love Thrushes, they are my favourite and I never see them these days :(

I think it's a law that it's illegal to disturb a nesting bird in the UK, so they'd have to think really carefully on that one

That is not so true now, take a look here,

http://tompride.wordpress.com/2014/05/19/how-natural-england-are-lying-about-their-plans-to-allow-destruction-of-robin-nests/

Makes me sick

---------- Post added 24-05-2014 at 12:58 ----------

Nests are a blight on the scenery. They all need pulling down in my opinion.

---------- Post added 23-05-2014 at 23:40 ----------

We should start fracking all the nests, LOL.

In all seriousness, fracking isn't too bad. Don't know what all the fuss is about.

Blight? How can you say that! What kind of person are you?

Rekindling this thread - we are staying in Scotland in a lovely house with a huge gravel drive. To our amusement an oystercatcher decided to faff about with the gravel in front of the garage, shaping a nice shallow bowl. As night fell however it flew off and we didn't think much of it.

Following morning we noticed something different, an egg! The oystercatcher didn't seem to return though and we left it undisturbed, I thought it was a trial gone wrong and had half a mind to remove the egg, until mum came back a couple of days later and deposited another 2 eggs over the following days. She is now sitting there, relaxed as anything, brooding over 3 eggs, in the middle of the drive next to a house...

A few years ago we were pulling down some privet when to my horror I realised there was a blackbirds nest in the hedge with 3 eggs in...we left it alone and a while later Mum returned but knew something was up and sadly abandoned the nest. I felt awful and my Husband still winds me up to this day about murdering her babies!

Luckily the blackbird soon had another nest on the go and now we have a new one every year in a different spot. Last year it was right next to the kitchen window, perched on top of a broken fence panel and we had a great view of her 2 noisy chicks.

I have to say though, I was cursing the blackbird who was chirping outside our bedroom window at 3.30am this morning!

Rekindling this thread - we are staying in Scotland in a lovely house with a huge gravel drive. To our amusement an oystercatcher decided to faff about with the gravel in front of the garage, shaping a nice shallow bowl. As night fell however it flew off and we didn't think much of it.

Following morning we noticed something different, an egg! The oystercatcher didn't seem to return though and we left it undisturbed, I thought it was a trial gone wrong and had half a mind to remove the egg, until mum came back a couple of days later and deposited another 2 eggs over the following days. She is now sitting there, relaxed as anything, brooding over 3 eggs, in the middle of the drive next to a house...

HA HA! that's brilliant! thanks for the lovely picture you've painted. We love the west coast of Scotland, there's loads of oyster catchers there! never been up there at this time of year though! Have a great break in Scotland!

HA HA! that's brilliant! thanks for the lovely picture you've painted. We love the west coast of Scotland, there's loads of oyster catchers there! never been up there at this time of year though! Have a great break in Scotland!

Yes I enjoyed reading this! Regarding oyster catchers I usually see them when I visit a place called Kirkby Lonsdale they are intresing to watch! I'm keeping an eye out incase the thrushes return to drakehouse traffic lights