Jamesons Tea Rooms

Has anyone been in the new Tea rooms on Abbeydale road ,it has been busy all week and it was packed Sunday, wondered if anyone had tried it ?

Jameson's Tea Rooms had just opened up at 344 Abbeydale Road (and they're also at the Antiques Centre just down the road from the Broadfield).

They were packed because they've been around for a long time and have a fabulous reputation for a touch of elegance with your food. I've been a customer for a looong time as their scones are delicious, but I go for the prawn sandwiches, which are great.

Overall, excellent service, reasonable prices, great tea and lovely food! The cream teas are simply excellent!

I've been to the one in the Antiques Centre and it was lovely. Didn't know another one had opened but if it's as good it's well worth a visit.

Well, I didn't have a good experience, was waiting 40 minutes to be served as the staff gave their undivided attention to a party....won't be going back there!

Well, I didn't have a good experience, was waiting 40 minutes to be served as the staff gave their undivided attention to a party....won't be going back there!

When was that?

I have to say I do NOT believe this, of course. People say 40 minutes, meaning 10.

When was that?

I have to say I do NOT believe this, of course. People say 40 minutes, meaning 10.

Well you better, because it was 40 not 10. We did complain after 20 mins and they apologised for their lack of attention initially, then we went on to wait a further 20. Couple at the side of us found it most amusing!

The owner was not there, so I think they were just really busy but inexcusable for the fact all their attention was on this party, as you can see I wasn't impressed.

Well you better, because it was 40 not 10. We did complain after 20 mins and they apologised for their lack of attention initially, then we went on to wait a further 20. Couple at the side of us found it most amusing!

The owner was not there, so I think they were just really busy but inexcusable for the fact all their attention was on this party, as you can see I wasn't impressed.

Again, you utterly failed to answer the question: when was this?! And which branch?

That said, I read a similar review on TripAdvisor about Jameson's from a woman who was complaining about the (amusingly 40) minute delay, when I was actually there and the truth of the story bore no resemblance to her telling of it. She was waiting about ten minutes, but she was already sighing and moaning and complaining - vocally - after about five.

Again, you utterly failed to answer the question: when was this?! And which branch?

That said, I read a similar review on TripAdvisor about Jameson's from a woman who was complaining about the (amusingly 40) minute delay, when I was actually there and the truth of the story bore no resemblance to her telling of it. She was waiting about ten minutes, but she was already sighing and moaning and complaining - vocally - after about five.

I can't state the date exactly! It was last year at the antiques centre and I can assure you it was 40 I wouldn't be bothered to mention it if it wasn't!

I might give them a second chance at their new premises if they're lucky!

I can't state the date exactly! It was last year at the antiques centre and I can assure you it was 40 I wouldn't be bothered to mention it if it wasn't!

I might give them a second chance at their new premises if they're lucky!

OOOOH yeah. Well, there were problems at the Antiques Centre as it was so tiny...

Try the new place; it's awesome. If you're waiting that long call me, I'll sort them out :P

OOOOH yeah. Well, there were problems at the Antiques Centre as it was so tiny...

Try the new place; it's awesome. If you're waiting that long call me, I'll sort them out :P

Thanks Karis! I will give them a second chance ;)

Thanks Karis! I will give them a second chance ;)

If they make you wait, you call me and I'll sort 'em out! With cake! :hihi: