Is it normal to wait 2 and a half hours for a meal?

but was the food any good when you got it?

This is what you should do imo.

1. there are two parts to a meal. The food part and the service part. Normal SOG stuff for the food part, but its the supply of goods and services for the service element. That says the service must be reasonable.

2. Dont pay the service charge. Any payment write paid under protest on their bill.

3. Use your credit card as that open up making a complaint the the CC issuer.

4. Complain to head officeshowing where they have let you down, amything else like attitude of manager, scary etc. Its likely the manager doesnt know about rights anyway.

5. Use sites like trip advisor to warn people, but stay within their ts and cs of not defaming.

6. As for the police being involved then id have thought theyd have tried to make you pay the full amount and then told to settle in the courts to make their life easier. I would certainly no have paid any service charge and id have probably left after an hour and no adequate explanation.

Their biggest loss is of your repeat custom, word of mouth and damage to reputation.

Edited by 999tigger

but was the food any good when you got it?

No, the food wasn't very good, but It wasn't the food I was complaining about.

---------- Post added 25-02-2014 at 22:12 ----------

I've had an email back from the operations director at The Pub People apologising and saying they will follow it up and get back to me.

Its importnat you do complain otherwise they never know.

From the managers point of view I cna appreciate he has to account for what goes through the till and he might have been under differing pressure. Better customer service training.

Had similar service in a pub near me, never again

Had similar service in a pub near me, never again

That is the important bit,and tell as many people as possible through sites like this.

Yes would never return 2 hours is totally unacceptable.

I'm awaiting a response from the Operations Director of The Pub Peoploe.

I'll let you know the outcome.

In the meantime, word of mouth is spreading fast.

I used to run a pub for 'Pub People ltd' They were a good company to work for & have some great venues (mainly around the notts area). I noticed from their website that The Yellow Lion is a fairly new addition to their portfolio, having nothing else close by, may be a reason the pub has not had the attention it deserves (not an excuse - put a possible reason).

Unfortunately, there isn't any money in the pub trade for managers of pubs run my management companies, so the turnover as such is high. Personally, I had visions for my pub & a strong belief in what I wanted to acheive, so money wasn't such a big factor at the time.

I still count Andy & David from PPl friends & have still, some 5 years later, asked for their advice.

I hope you manage to get a satisfactory responce from them in the end.

Regards

BB.

Well, I have now had a response from the Operations Director.

"Dear Mr *****,

I have spoken to *******, our manager at the Yellow Lion regarding your complaint, as I promised. If you recall I responded to your complaint immediately on receipt on Monday evening and stated that I would respond as soon as I was able to speak to *******.

I was very disappointed, therefore, to read your comments on the Sheffield Forum website, before I’d had chance to explain and apologise properly for your visit. As a customer of a business you are perfectly entitled to your opinions, but I would suggest that you first allow people to courtesy of response before posting to websites.

I now consider the matter closed with yourself."

It is now patently obvious where the chef/manager got his customer service training.

The power of Sheffield Forum.

Well, I have now had a response from the Operations Director.

"Dear Mr *****,

I have spoken to *******, our manager at the Yellow Lion regarding your complaint, as I promised. If you recall I responded to your complaint immediately on receipt on Monday evening and stated that I would respond as soon as I was able to speak to *******.

I was very disappointed, therefore, to read your comments on the Sheffield Forum website, before I’d had chance to explain and apologise properly for your visit. As a customer of a business you are perfectly entitled to your opinions, but I would suggest that you first allow people to courtesy of response before posting to websites.

I now consider the matter closed with yourself."

It is now patently obvious where the chef/manager got his customer service training.

The power of Sheffield Forum.

So do people wait for a reply before posting poor reviews on trip advisor?

You said you would let us know his response cant see the issue.

Very poor communication imo.

Dear mr operations manager

Thy talks ****e and all reviews will be źero stars

I now consider the matter now closed like the buisness will be if thou continues in such manner :loopy: