What addiction would you suggest is the worst to have?

Jelly babies.

They are my nemesis!!

Alcohol can wreck your marriage, career, health, bank balance, relationship with friends/relations and can then, if unchecked proceed to kill you.

In this modern day life:

- the internet, postings, having the need to be right

- politics, aggressions, thinking you are above others, cannot tell when someone is reacting to you

- greed, eating thinking you are treating yourself when it is other factors causing you pain

- alcohol, because you have to tow the rank and cannot answer back as a sign of insubordination

- knowledge, this leads to arrogance, and bullying of others on knowledge alone

- sex, thinking others feel the same always but is not patient and cannot wait til both people are trusting, and in the mood, and loving. It creates distrust, broken relationships and people.

- consumerism, spending thinking that it will enhance life, but not always. Items give us more time in life and be efficient, but people are to be loved. We should not love our items above people.

Speaking from my own personal experience 30 years of smoking and drinking way too much have finally caught up with me. Wont go into too much detail but what i wouldnt give to turn back the clock

In this modern day life:

- the internet, postings, having the need to be right

- politics, aggressions, thinking you are above others, cannot tell when someone is reacting to you

- greed, eating thinking you are treating yourself when it is other factors causing you pain

- alcohol, because you have to tow the rank and cannot answer back as a sign of insubordination

- knowledge, this leads to arrogance, and bullying of others on knowledge alone

- sex, thinking others feel the same always but is not patient and cannot wait til both people are trusting, and in the mood, and loving. It creates distrust, broken relationships and people.

- consumerism, spending thinking that it will enhance life, but not always. Items give us more time in life and be efficient, but people are to be loved. We should not love our items above people.

What?

Greed, politics, consumerism and knowledge aren't addictions. Addictions are to substances or activities, not to concepts or adjectives. Also, I am staggered that an adult would call knowledge a bad thing. If you ever get really sick, I hope for your sake that you get to see a doctor "addicted to knowledge" rather than one who has successfully sidestepped this pitfall.

Are you honestly suggesting that you would rather be addicted to heroin or crystal meth than the internet and in particular posting on forums?

Gambling's got to be up there.

Experienced replies will be appreciated.

Heroin..............

---------- Post added 22-02-2014 at 10:54 ----------

What?

Greed, politics, consumerism and knowledge aren't addictions. Addictions are to substances or activities, not to concepts or adjectives. Also, I am staggered that an adult would call knowledge a bad thing. If you ever get really sick, I hope for your sake that you get to see a doctor "addicted to knowledge" rather than one who has successfully sidestepped this pitfall.

Are you honestly suggesting that you would rather be addicted to heroin or crystal meth than the internet and in particular posting on forums?

I think the point here is that, too much of anything is bad for you. I agree with this statement entirely.

If you're interested in helping the OP with his/her research please make contact by PM.