Looking for a cheap wedding photographer

Hi I'm getting married in July and im looking for a cheap photographer in sheffield from 1230pm till about 5pm all I'm wanting will be the photos put on to a disc were I can print of that or duplicate the disc if anyone can help please get in contact either on here or by phone my number is 07538008986 I don't mind if you are a student or anything like that all il need if proof of previous work Thanks for reading

my advice is NEVER ever ever ever say you want a cheap wedding photographer. It is one day and one day alone. Don't scrimp on the memories youl get from a decent photographer. As you describe your needs, that is the "budget" option for most photographers now. But please don't say cheap. cost effective, best for your money etc.

Most will give you a discount if you are willing to let them use it for promos and as you say students just out of college and uni etc. are the best option. Be careful though as anyone can call themselves a wedding photographer, it doesn't mean they are.

anyway, best of luck finding someone you are happy with. this is the website of the photographer I used, the other end of the spectrum, as they are semi retired. They have some great articles on there about "cheap" and what you should look for. I recommend them, as I am a photographer myself my standards are kinda high. http://www.together-now.co.uk/

When I say cheap I don't mean 600-800 pound

what do you mean then? you need to have a clear budget in mind. the more specific you are the better

I am very surprised that this thread hasn't been jumped upon by the so called elite pro togs, they act like some secret society ;)

My advice would be to find a more experienced photographer who is available for just a couple of hours rather than a full day if you are short of money.

Cheap photographers are cheap for a reason, some are very good others may miss all of the key moments and leave you with nothing.

If you want me to send you links to a couple of the better wedding photographers in Sheffield please let me know, then you will have something to compare your chosen photographer to.

"Available for a few hours"....

What about a pre- wedding meet to discuss requirements, a visit to the venue to look at options, wet weather planning, and then there is post soot processing etc etc etc, so in reality you are wanting 12-15 hours work minimum + expenses.

Then there is insurance etc...

It's the ONE day that you (hopefully) will never have again, so if you want to capture it, do it properly. If you don't, just buy a bag of cheap disposable cameras, give one to each guest and then develop the film. Job done.

I am very surprised that this thread hasn't been jumped upon by the so called elite pro togs, they act like some secret society ;)

:D that's so true, never understood it myself back in the old days of film,self developing and medium format it was understandable, but now anyone with half a brain cell should be able to get something usable.

---------- Post added 25-02-2014 at 08:42 ----------

What about a pre- wedding meet to discuss requirements, a visit to the venue to look at options, wet weather planning, and then there is post soot processing etc etc etc, so in reality you are wanting 12-15 hours work minimum + expenses.

It's the ONE day that you (hopefully) will never have again, so if you want to capture it, do it properly. If you don't, just buy a bag of cheap disposable cameras, give one to each guest and then develop the film. Job done.

Even cheaper would be to get people to use their camera phones most people have them :D

Edited by Beechwood_S6

And so it begins, this where you try to bog them down with public liability insurance, one of the main weapons that the pro tog illuminati have at their disposal :hihi:

If you choose somebody who is good enough that is all they will need as everything will be perfect out of the camera, sort your post work-flow out and the processing takes care of itself.

It's the ONE day that you (hopefully) will never have again
I agree, but some people are just not bothered about the photos & just want some memory shots so don't need to pay somebody who will spend hours retouching & planning!

There you go then. Sounds like "Nickscape" is up for the job. Well Volunteered.