Nationwide unreliability.

Any Nationwide card holders out there? Today,again, for the second time, our Bank card has been rejected at three stores at Crystal Peak. There is money in the account and no reason for this to happen. How inconvenient and embarrassing this is. We have phoned Nationwide and complained about this ,because the same thing has happened before. We are told that there is a Network problem and everyone with their Debit Cards has suffered the same problem--------Thank You, that makes it much better when the shop assistant rejects your card in front of a queue of curious shoppers. How incompetent this is. Now we cannot use our card for an unspecified time and even then it's tongue in cheek. The manager of the Building society will probably be getting in touch with us to apologise and to offer a huge reimbursement-------BETS !!

OK. Has anyone else had this problem.please ?

Change to another bank/building society if you're not happy.

You bet !! Pretty obvious thing to do. I haven't seen anyone else with the same problem,as Nationwide said. Is somebody kidding?

Edited by jollyman

I've used my Nationwide debit and credit cards today and had no problems. All banks and building societies have technical problems at some point and it shouldn't be a problem for long.