Labour Crusties In A Pickle Over PIE

:loopy:

You did get the allegedly didnt you.

Yes. But it was you who was alleging it.

Nobody sensible has suggested that.

The loopy smiley really enhances your argument, please use it again.

Yes. But it was you who was alleging it.

Nobody sensible has suggested that.

The loopy smiley really enhances your argument, please use it again.

I will certainly use it again as far as your concerned.;)

Here's the latest from the BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26376896

The articles says PIE claimed to be a counselling organistion at the time of joining.

"Ms Hewitt said: "NCCL in the 1970s, along with many others, was naive and wrong to accept PIE's claim to be a 'campaigning and counselling organisation' that 'does not promote unlawful acts'"

So my question is this, when was it realised that PIE was not all that it claimed to be? A further question is was PIE a paedophile ring or were there just some members in the organisation who were paedophiles or went on to be one?

Not hewitts biggest fan but she's come out, calmly put her side of the story and appologised for an error of judgement.

Not hard is it harman.

Not hewitts biggest fan but she's come out, calmly put her side of the story and appologised for an error of judgement.

Not hard is it harman.

But they did very different jobs at the NCCL. Hewitt has much more reason to apologise than Harman.

They both clarified their position already. The one was legal representative and made an actual legal adjustment to the law.

Responses from the female MPs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26376028

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26376896

I actually am glad I did not read about the Saville case indepth, cos there is no way that i too would not turn into a vigilante after reading such sick things.

This thread should also go too, as did the other Jimmy Saville threads. I did a search and cannot see any. It is equally sickening.

I actually am glad I did not read about the Saville case indepth, cos there is no way that i too would not turn into a vigilante after reading such sick things.

A vigilante? Now then, now then... too late he's dead.

Nearly right. I found this on ask.com: The Go-Between is a novel by L. P. Hartley published in 1953. The novel begins with the line "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."

i was always better at a paraphrase than a direct quote - to be fair it is over 30 years since i read the book!

---------- Post added 28-02-2014 at 14:46 ----------

Ps and I'd love to know where in Sheffield the meeting was held and who hosted it!

there's a bit about it here

http://gladtobegay.net/interview-tom-robinson/part-1/

city hall, august bank holiday, 1200 attendees, organised by the campaign for homosexual equality

:loopy:

You did get the allegedly didnt you.

Nobody including the DM has alleged anything of the sort.

The plot thickens

Home Office 'gave Paedophile Information Exchange £70,000': Group allegedly given taxpayers' money between 1977 and 1980

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2571632/Home-Office-gave-Paedophile-Information-Exchange-70-000-Group-allegedly-given-taxpayers-money-1977-1980.html

You're going to give salsafan a hernia.

I suspect she suffers from anaphylaxis as far as my posts are concerned

There is something very smelly about this whole business - Geoffrey Dickens who was an MP in the 80s & 90s tried to get to the bottom of this with Leon Brittan, who was the Home Secretary for a time - but things were hushed up.

There's lots of innuendo on the internet about the reasons why it was hushed up, but I'm not going to repeat it on here.....

Unfortunately Geoffrey Dickens died before there was a satisfactory inquiry into this business - but Tom Watson MP has started asking some questions about it....