Labour Crusties In A Pickle Over PIE

I've wondered before, but I'm more & more convinced that salsafan is a Turing test.

Quite impressive, if so.

In other news, an (accidental?) troll is currently suffering from a massive bout of indigestion, so may I suggest that we break out the Rennies and leave it alone, for its own good.

Needlessly wasting a lot of SF server storage, here.

:)

Edited by L00b

If you would all care to head back onto topic please - if you wish to indulge in tedious wrangles please do so elsewhere.

Bago must have moved to Barnsley ;)

How very dare you!! I am from Barnsley and strongly resent this slur on us Barnsleyites - we can speak English proper like what it should be spoken and write it right, too.

It's not just the DMail, it's a range of papers there appears to be evidence of some (now) very questionable opinions, and focuses of energy.

It doesn't matter that its from 30+ years ago, or what their job is now. that sort of thing, that sort of alignment will be hard to disentangle ones self from. Especially now the press, with the aid of politicians have created the peadophile as satan reancarnate.

It's kinda like being hoisted by your ideological and propagandized petard me thinks.

How very dare you!! I am from Barnsley and strongly resent this slur on us Barnsleyites - we can speak English proper like what it should be spoken and write it right, too.

My god, it must have been a grievous slur to drag you out of retirement, hope the dog and FP cafe are providing suitable distraction :)

Is it any wonder that more people are switching from Labour over to UKIP when we hear of scandals like these.

I admit to having a quick browse through the main headlines of the DM sometimes, and have been criticised on SF for doing so, but I like to think I recognise a trashy story when I see one.

If there is any truth in this, the MPs in question should resign, but I somehow suspect there is total exaggeration in the article, and I very much hope so.

If you did, then I would not complain or to avoid your criticism before and walked away from the middle of the thread. I have never harmed you or your life, but yet you continually criticised me online as if this is justified again and again. What kind of person are you ? A few times a few of the ladies on here actually did take a swipe at you in order to tell you to back off. But you still did not do this and avoided me but continually to trash where necessary.

The Sheffield Forum is a Public Space. It is open by membership and is it seen as open public information. Which as a member or a general member of the public, they can read, see, the contents. I am "not" your mate, and again and again, you chose to criticise as if this is justified in your own mind. Without remorse.

It's a forum to debate and discuss, and since you constantly make factually inaccurate statements, people correct you. This isn't unusual. If you stop being wrong, then people will stop correcting you.

It's nothing to do with your gender, everyone who is wrong gets corrected, and any opinion you care to name will find someone who disagrees and tries to prove their opinion better. Figure it out.

Do you remember PIE in the news in the 1970s? I do, the tabloids had a field day. I don't remember the name of their leader, but he was hounded out of the country.

Yes I do remember. Paedophilia was hardly discussed then and we got to know much less about them without 24 hour news and internet media, so on reflection it seems bizarre that organisations like PIE should have court publicity and even worse civil rights organisations even talking to them.

Political point scoring, I wonder the DM has failed to mention convicted tory paedophiles?

Political point scoring, I wonder the DM has failed to mention convicted tory paedophiles?

I certainly think the DM are following in the vein as the Ralph Milliband story - it has that feeling of being a smear campaign against her.

She has retaliated by accusing the DM of hypocrisy over the issue by publishing titilating images of very young women in bikinis.

A brave strategy to take on the DM, which is a fearsome opponent.

I certainly think the DM are following in the vein as the Ralph Milliband story - it has that feeling of being a smear campaign against her.

She has retaliated by accusing the DM of hypocrisy over the issue by publishing titilating images of very young women in bikinis.

A brave strategy to take on the DM, which is a fearsome opponent.

Didn't someone say earlier the story first broke in 2012 or maybe it was earlier? Either way it's not new news and therefore can be nothing more than a smear ahead of the 2015 GE. The thing about newspaper articles is are the things that people say accurately interpretated as something was actually said. I'm not convinced they are.