Paraffin in Sheff-5 gal drums?

I have a need to go in to Sheffield tomorrow. Anyone know where I can get a 5 gal (25Lt) drum of paraffin? I’ve been buying it locally at £6.99 for 4lts. Thought it may be cheaper to get larger quantities

I have a need to go in to Sheffield tomorrow. Anyone know where I can get a 5 gal (25Lt) drum of paraffin? I’ve been buying it locally at £6.99 for 4lts. Thought it may be cheaper to get larger quantities

Why, what are you planning on doing? why would you need paraffin, just because you are coming into sheffield?:huh:

Why, what are you planning on doing? why would you need paraffin, just because you are coming into sheffield?:huh:

Leeds has Harvey Nics.

Sheffield has paraffin,just a different niche really.

I'm afraid you will struggle to find 25s these days.

Paraffin has to be stored safely in a secure bund in anything over 5l.

You have to pay for a license to be able to do so, that's why there are very few that bother stocking any other than the 4l bottles.

Waggon and horses garage at meadowhead still have a paraffin pump I think.

I bought some a few years back but I'm not 100% sure if they still do.

However I'm sure if you gave them a call you could find out.

http://www.waggon-horses-garage-sheffield.co.uk/

P.S though I would not personally recommend them for any car work as I have had problems with their garage service's in the past.

Parrifin is easy to get hold of in any quantity. Go to a fuel oil dealer there are a few around the City. There is on UK Fuels opposite Arco. Go down the lane and they are at the bottom. There was Appolo fuels at Templborough. Anywhere that sell heating oil will sell Parrifin. Be at 5ltrs or a tanker full. There is one at Wombwell but cannot remember the name.