Sign in to follow this  

'Bald Eagle' McCarthy Sacked By Sunderland

Wasn't it Jim Smith that was called the Bald Eagle???

You're right Wibbles Jim Smith was indeed so-called but in many of the footy forums I frequent, McCarthy has taken over the 'nom-de-plume'. Please find photographic evidence HERE and HEREthat I think proves him a dead ringer for Sam the Bald Eagle off the Muppets show.:)

Had a thought this afternoon about the state of football in the north-east: Souness's Newcastle lost to Man City in Manchester and he was sacked straight after, obviously the same happened to McCarthy yesterday after losing there- I bet Middlesboro's Steve McClaren is s******g himself about going there in just over 3 weeks time!:hihi:

Just in time to take the England job!!!

Being a sad mackem, I'm only only person with any right to an opinion on this!

Big Mick was great when he took over, he stopped the rot and took us up so we've got plenty to thank him for. And he's always funny on Match of the Day.

What were we expecting? Not to be an embarassment. Would anyone else have done better? Wigan and West Ham invested the same money as us with far better results and I'm not saying we should be chalenging for Europe, just making a decent fist of trying to stay up. It should have happened 3 months ago to give someone else a stab at keeping us up (with the same players though...hmmm). Kevin Ball is a Sunderland legend, so I'm glad he's been given a crack.

I just remember last season, Mick and Steve Bruce being interviewed together after a cup tie. Such a sight has no place on God's earth.

Being a sad mackem, I'm only only person with any right to an opinion on this!

Big Mick was great when he took over, he stopped the rot and took us up so we've got plenty to thank him for. And he's always funny on Match of the Day.

What were we expecting? Not to be an embarassment. Would anyone else have done better? Wigan and West Ham invested the same money as us with far better results and I'm not saying we should be chalenging for Europe, just making a decent fist of trying to stay up. It should have happened 3 months ago to give someone else a stab at keeping us up (with the same players though...hmmm). Kevin Ball is a Sunderland legend, so I'm glad he's been given a crack.

I just remember last season, Mick and Steve Bruce being interviewed together after a cup tie. Such a sight has no place on God's earth.

everyone deserves an opinion regardless of the team you support, as we can all appreciate your position (maybe not to the same unfortunate extent)

as for spending the same amount of money, well west ham spent 7 million on ashton alone (albeit in january) and you only spent 4 million in total, they also spent around 4 million on gabbidon and collins, 2.5 million for benayoun, katan 100k, konchesky 1.5 million and i am probably missing others.

wigan however, camara 3 million, chimbonda i think was 500k, connolly 2 million, francis i think was 500k too, pollitt 200k, scharner 2 million, taylor 750k,

so to suggest he worked under the same constraints is ludicrous, and he would not have been given the same wage budget either.

even with the above though, i dont think he did a good enough job, he signed tottally the wrong players

Yet most people questioned Keano's judgement in the world cup!

I'd rather go with Keane's judgement against McCarthy's anyday and especially after today as well.

Think McCarthy will have the last laugh at the end of the season,Keane.s a bottler. 100% improvement in the last couple of games now he,s gone

McCarthy is a decent championship manager but I reckon if he takes Wolves up he will bring them straight back down.

McCarthy is a decent championship manager but I reckon if he takes Wolves up he will bring them straight back down.

Yep, just like United under Warnock.