Barworth Flockton

I was a telephone engineer in the late 70's and we looked after Barworth Flockton. The lady on reception had the old style telephone system, where she would answer a call and then plug in the appropriate cord to connect to the extension number required (I think she was called June?). If you went through the door from reception into the works, the telephone exchange was sited up on the small roof to the left.

My next door neighbour Ray "Rocky " worked there in the 60s and 70s

I used to do maintainance work at Barworth Flockton in the 70's and early 80's.I remember June the receptionist who also ran the firm! We also used to work at G&J Halls,Henry Eadons,a site at Little Matlock and a file works,I think,on John Street.

What I remember most was the fantastic soggy chips in the canteen!

I used to be sales rep in the 70s

I worked for G&J Hall when they were situated in Hereford Street and left just before they moved to Attercliffe.

I remember June on reception - she married Alan Dewey from the Accounts Department I believe.

Edited by Guest

My uncle Alf Timms worked there in the 50s, 60s and 70s. It used to be called Kenyon Brothers before Barworth Flockton.

I knew Alf Timms.....he and my mum almost got married lol. My brother worked in the mill with him and so did my ex.

A good friend of mine from days at Edgar Allens', Graham Samms, went to work at Barwoth Flockton in the early seventies.