Herries School

Me my sister and brother went to herries! My sister was there from 83 to 88. i was there from 89 to 93 and my brother from 90 to 94!

The air dome was good! Shame that it had to go but times change! I've been past a few times and it's not got the same feel about it! Good old days :-)

[/b]

Ahh They dont make them like Miss Smith anymore. Someone told me she ws drummed out of the S.S for cruelty. I have recently been in touch with Mr Lockwood , the (then) young English teacher. He once took us on visit to the locations where they fimed "Kes" in the old ,ramshackled school bus (ex laundry van) We were allowed to wear casual clothes for the visit, meaning jeans and T shirts. So of course, all of us girls turned up in mini skirts and high heels. Miss Smith's head nearly exploded when she clocked what we were wearing. We were banned from the outing and Mr Lockwood got a right earful. We got our own back though, when we did get to go, some of the lads opened the bus door going up Cookswood Rd and dropped the tool kit out of the back, one by one ! Happy Days. I left in '72 by the way.

hi,im david sims i use to go to wales and go sailing i left in 71

Hello folks, there is a Herries School Reunion for leavers from 1983 at the Old Crown on Penistone Road on Saturday, 10th September. We have a page on Facebook if you want to have a look and catch up with us old timers now. Hope to see you there.

hi,im david sims i use to go to wales and go sailing i left in 71

Hi Dave, I remember the name ! Think we may have been in the same tutor group at some point. I was in 5b and i left in '72. I used to hangout with Christine Storer and Pamela Howsen in those days if the names ring any bells ?

shirecliffe school was herries school (comprehensive) dont know what year they changed it cos when my mum attended in the 70's it was shirecliffe school when i attended in the 90's is was herries comp school and shirecliffe school was the junior school behind it .. confused yet?? lol and just too add too confusion herries school is now parkwood high school after a so called revamp :)

Racy, I went 60 to 64 and while I was there they changed the name to Shirecliffe Secondary Modern School, what a mouth full,there was only one coloured girl there in the school, wow how times change

shirecliffe school was herries school (comprehensive) dont know what year they changed it cos when my mum attended in the 70's it was shirecliffe school when i attended in the 90's is was herries comp school and shirecliffe school was the junior school behind it .. confused yet?? lol and just too add too confusion herries school is now parkwood high school after a so called revamp :)

Hi Rachy i went there 73 to 78 and it was Herries then

I remember most of those teachers and a few others, I left in 1979

I remember all of them. I left in 78

I left Herries in 1974, and remember most of the teachers mentioned, and a few others, looking back, school was a great time, and Im glad I was there then, not now!

did you bye any chance know Pete Burgin.

i left herries 1971, i think it must have been 1969 when it changed we moved from burngreave boys high school when it changed to comprensive

Did you bye any chance know Pete Burgin....:)

I went to Shirecliffe 1960 and left in 1964, they changed the name to Shirecliffe secondary modern school around 1963, what a load a ********, I still remember nearly every teachers name, but I forget mi own at times LOL

hello! i went to herries 1986-1990, anyone go to thornbridge? :) mr evans was our headteacher, and mr dunford was our form tutor whos famous quote was "GET A GRIP LAD"

Edited by joiner andy

Ah the old airdome, I remember it really well, (86-90) what a crazy thing, so many repaired patches where people sliced into it with knives etc, lol. Used to play 5 a side in there for games. Was like going into a space station with that air lock, funny (and scary)if the doors were left open, prob closed due to health and safety:|

Loved it though!