Chips - the best pre-prepared (for my parents)

Now I know that this isn't truly a foodie type question, however. My dad is an original, homecooked chip type of person. Unfortunately my parents are now both elderly and are unable to stand for any length of time peeling potatoes etc although they do have a carer go in for half an hour or so at teatime. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any frozen chips for either the oven or a fryer that might give that home cooked taste.

Why don't you pre-cook the chips yourself then freeze them? They can reheat in the oven. Why pay good money for commercial stuff? Well, you did post on a 'foodie' section although judging by some of the posts on here I wonder ...

Good idea happy

Ive never had an oven chip at home since growing our own spuds, always fry our chips, or sometimes do fries depending on what eating. Still have chippy chips

That's a great idea - never thought of that. It didn't seem that appropriate on a foodie section, but as a real foodie I never touch the things so didn't know where to start. The carers aren't allowed to use chip pans etc because of the fire risks so we were looking for options.

I'll do them a batch this weekend and see how they work out!

Thanks!

Personally I would keep some oven chips in their freezer. If you are looking after your parents I can understand how time-consuming that will be. I wouldn’t bother peeling preparing and cooking chips, and then the reheating part.

I can highly recommend McCain "Homechips" specifically the crinkle cut ones as they seem to cook better and turn out nice. Great in an economical halogen oven. Healthy too. Would go nice with some frozen battered fish (cook at the same time).

Audi specially selected oven chips are fab. I grow my own stuff and cook most things from scratch but these are a great standby!

I've tried a few different brands of oven chips for them but dad keeps turning his nose up! I'll try Aldi's. I'm not cooking for them as I've all on working full time, doing shopping for them and other bits and bobs. I'm just trying to find something that's suitable. He's a very (to say the least) picky eater but does need to eat as he's skeletal right now!