Trolls are ''psychopaths and sadists'' say researchers.

Did several people just confess to having multiple accounts, clearly against the forum rules?

Take that hook out of your lip.:hihi:

Like most users on this forum!!!!

That's your assertion, I don't believe it's true. I only have this one, I'm not sure why anyone would need more than that unless they're constantly showing themselves to be a bit dim.

There are a couple that are fairly obvious.

True ! But its the dormant accounts that are potentially menacing! Not the new ones!

"What's your alter ego?"

You are looking at ONE of them!

P.S ... I have nothing to do with Magilla!!!!

That I know. Worth pointing out that it's against forum rules to have more than one account.

---------- Post added 20-02-2014 at 11:25 ----------

Did several people just confess to having multiple accounts, clearly against the forum rules?

Indeed.... tut tut.

I've got plenty of accounts on here. Not for trolling though.

What other reason could there possibly be?

]

Indeed.... tut tut.

Which is a pretty clear indication that those hailing their multi accounts (low post counters, always) don't give a toss about forum rules.

Well, for the few who I think have duplicate accounts, it's usually because they make such fools of themselves that no-one takes anything they post seriously, so they create a new account to do the same again and again and again. I guess that would be trolling.

Can't think of any legitimate reasons though.

---------- Post added 20-02-2014 at 11:58 ----------

Which is a pretty clear indication that those hailing their multi accounts (low post counters, always) don't give a toss about forum rules.

Indeed, that'll be our serial account maker, never lasts more than a month.

Can anyone guess who they are today? ;)

Edited by Magilla

I have 3 accounts on another forum.

1 account is my main one that i post with

2, Is my business account

3, is the one i use for anything sensitive or private i dont want people to know about or link to me. Nothing illegal of course, but if i ever have a problem i dont want friends or family to know of id post using my 3rd account.

Ill be binning the 3rd one soon though as the forum has just adopted a system where as i can post anonymously and have admin check and ok then post my question or issue for me. They then check and ok every subsequent post i make in that particular thread.

There are genuine reasons for multipul accounts but most fora dont allow it unless you speak to them first and ask for permission.

3, is the one i use for anything sensitive or private i dont want people to know about or link to me. Nothing illegal of course, but if i ever have a problem i dont want friends or family to know of id post using my 3rd account.

Ill be binning the 3rd one soon though as the forum has just adopted a system where as i can post anonymously and have admin check and ok then post my question or issue for me. They then check and ok every subsequent post i make in that particular thread.

There are genuine reasons for multipul accounts but most fora dont allow it unless you speak to them first and ask for permission.

They aren't allowed here. Only trolls have them.

I think that for sensitive information, such as problems you can always use the 'Dear Forum' facility.

---------- Post added 20-02-2014 at 12:28 ----------

Correct, though I got a 'telling off', for naming such people

I think that for sensitive information, such as problems you can always use the 'Dear Forum' facility.

Would that be where you go through admin and they screen your posts before they post them for you?

---------- Post added 20-02-2014 at 12:37 ----------

Not so. I found out about this place via a mechanic i used to use for my (please dont hate me) Renault :blush:

He has a user id for posting just normal stuff and he also has a business type account where he helps people with more mechanical type stuff and where he has his business on the foot of every post.

He told me it was something he had to ask the admin permission to do and in fact ive been considering approaching admin and asking for a separate account myself where i can promote my new business by giving advice and building up a good rep on here that will hopefully transfer to a bit of extra income for the business.

Aww, you so want to be a Moderator, don't you? Did you ask and get turned down? :hihi:

it's pretty sad to be wasting your spare time winding up people on internet forums.

You said it!

---------- Post added 20-02-2014 at 16:01 ----------

Aww, you so want to be a Moderator, don't you? Did you ask and get turned down? :hihi:

Oh! I guess you don't believe your own spin?