Trolls are ''psychopaths and sadists'' say researchers.

Really? What's the difference as you see it?

Surely you would agree with me that such threats shouldn't be accepted whatever the means of their delivery?

The difference, as pointed out by Epic Fail is the letter through your doorbox is more of a real threat. It's more personal and the person making the threat is local to you and knows where you live.

I'd be worried by a threat like that and I'd probably call the police.

If I had a twitter account and it was open to anyone I would expect all sorts of idiocy on it if I was famous. Including death threats. I wouldn't call the police about that kind of threat.

Many on this forum have their respectable and posts accumulations account. And another they use to argue more aggressively without showing or affecting their main account.

Many on this forum have their respectable and posts accumulations account. And another they use to argue more aggressively without showing or affecting their main account.

Really? Looking at your join date and post count I presume you're one of them, else how could you know?

What's your alter ego? Who do you think are the others?

Edited by Magilla

Which irony is that?

That the biggest troll on SF starts a thread about trolls..

Your claim that I'm the biggest troll on SF is simply risible - how many accounts have you held in the past few years?

Indeed, Halibut is exhibiting classic troll behaviour. Provocative statements, twisting the meaning of other people's posts and trying to provoke a reaction.

I'm sure he finds it all very amusing, but it's pretty sad to be wasting your spare time winding up people on internet forums.

Indeed, Halibut is exhibiting classic troll behaviour. Provocative statements, twisting the meaning of other people's posts and trying to provoke a reaction.

I'm sure he finds it all very amusing, but it's pretty sad to be wasting your spare time winding up people on internet forums.

What did I say that was provocative? Quote it.

GordonBennet!

The irony of you making that statement is breathtaking.

Either you've got no self awareness, or you're taking the ****!

I've got plenty of accounts on here. Not for trolling though.