Jeff Halls closing down

Jeff halls motorcycle centre to close in a couple of weeks he's not even handing shop over to his family will be sorry to see him go bought a few motorbikes off him good luck jeff :thumbsup

That's a shame, I bought my first proper bike from there in 80's when I first past my test RD 350 YPVS cracking bike and great service too

How sad I used him for 15 years and brought all my bikes from him ...

are you sure about this and where info from ?

Very sad day for bikers as Jeff Is a great man and the workshop lads know there stuff

Got my first bike from him in 1975 when he had a little terraced house shop a bit further up towards hillsborough.A red Honda CB 175,DDH 580L !

Wow such a shame. Bought a few bikes from him in my early years & uses to knock around with one of his sons - in fact I think they both still work there.

Not totally surprising though. Back in the 80s he was the biggest bike shop around, but others came along and Jeff never really did anything to compete with them. The shop does look a bit run down now and it's not in the best place.

Is he retiring or has it one out of business. If the latter then that is v sad as its just one of the shops I rememeber whilst growing up. Either way good luck to him.

Jeff is a very good friend of mine and i have known him longer than i care to remember,i knew him when he worked at Grays.The shop is closing in April so i am told on good authority He has not been 100 per cent well for some time now so good luck to him he deserves a rest.Jeff started from home up intake from a little terraced house then bought Arthur Cauldrens push bike shop on Barrack hill,then when he became more successful bought Wilcoxs old shop where he is now.He has worked hard and deserves a long retirement.Jeff has done a lot for the bikers of Sheffield in supplying prizes for many shows,thanks Jeff,MEL R.

Jeff is a very good friend of mine and i have known him longer than i care to remember,i knew him when he worked at Grays.The shop is closing in April so i am told on good authority He has not been 100 per cent well for some time now so good luck to him he deserves a rest.Jeff started from home up intake from a little terraced house then bought Arthur Cauldrens push bike shop on Barrack hill,then when he became more successful bought Wilcoxs old shop where he is now.He has worked hard and deserves a long retirement.Jeff has done a lot for the bikers of Sheffield in supplying prizes for many shows,thanks Jeff,MEL R.

Hmm sad news but you right he derives a good retirement

Better get my bike in for its service before he shuts up shop then

i knew him when he worked at Grays..Jeff started from home up intake from a little terraced house

Yes me too,he lived across the garden from me on the "White City" at Killamarsh in the 50/60s before he moved to the house on Woodhouse Rd.bought my first bike ..1963 Triumph Tiger Cub 200cc from him at Grays..99 guineas....bout 1965....

Jeff halls motorcycle centre to close in a couple of weeks he's not even handing shop over to his family will be sorry to see him go bought a few motorbikes off him good luck jeff :thumbsup

Weren't there two brothers...Andy and one who worked as a mechanic....so they don't want the business then.

As Jeff himself used to say...parts kid, can't get the parts :hihi:

I say good ridence, i tried to buy a scooter of him that had been stood in the shop about 4year an he wanted 1100quid for it, i offered him 1000pound cash an i wasnt even botherd about it been taxed or tested, an all he said was no, go away. Abit ignorent i thought, he would av got rid of it after all that time it was just stood there doin nowt, an he had a problem with me for no reason. I for 1 will not miss him 1 bit