Why has my dog started to get aggressive ??

I would like to thank all that have responded to my post with replies, and apologises for not having the chance to reply sooner. Myself and my little man took a trip to the vet because I knew he was 'out of sorts'.

It would appear that he has the on set of cataracts in both eyes...I know he's still so young to think this could be possible but this as the vet has said could probably be due to the change in his nature...I need to reassure him that I'm the pack leader so to speak.

To answer other questions, he had his 'plums' removed a year ago and for those who think breed does matter he's what the old folk call a 'nanny dog', staffy to others, and as much as I love and trust him I would never leave him alone with my grandson. Basically that's just being responsible as every dog owner should be.

Thanks for reading what seems to be a full chapter in a book.:):):)

I would like to thank all that have responded to my post with replies, and apologises for not having the chance to reply sooner. Myself and my little man took a trip to the vet because I knew he was 'out of sorts'.

It would appear that he has the on set of cataracts in both eyes...I know he's still so young to think this could be possible but this as the vet has said could probably be due to the change in his nature...I need to reassure him that I'm the pack leader so to speak.

To answer other questions, he had his 'plums' removed a year ago and for those who think breed does matter he's what the old folk call a 'nanny dog', staffy to others, and as much as I love and trust him I would never leave him alone with my grandson. Basically that's just being responsible as every dog owner should be.

Thanks for reading what seems to be a full chapter in a book.:):):)

Well that does explain a lot doesn't it? it must make him feel vulnerable not being able to see properly so he defends himself, he will cope though its surprising how well animals do, just be careful not to make him jump.

I'm glad you found out what was wrong with him. If he can't see properly, the other dogs approaching him were probably just making him jump and taking him by surprise.