Tourist bus blown up in Egypt

What a good advert for Egypt.. "We've been killing tourists for years"...

But is any tourist destination free from the risk of terrorism nowadays, I think not.

But is any tourist destination free from the risk of terrorism nowadays, I think not.

There are some that definitely aren't though...

Skegness????

Skegness????

Can't argue with that :thumbsup:

there are a very few parts of the world where foreign tourists are ACTIVELY targeted by terrorists. Yes, there are places where foreign tourists might inadvertently get caught in the crossfire as it were, in terrorist incidents but there is a difference between that and being actively targeted, as a group. And in Egypt that is not only what is happening now, but what has been happening for many years.

indeed, only 2 weeks ago 7 IRA bombs were found in the UK, strangely no mention on here? thought the sf terrorism experts would've been interested

I'd actively avoid all of Africa (including the northern med coast) and the Middle East for a while, and be cautious about southern Turkish resorts.

That still leaves plenty of mediterranean destinations, not to mention further afield long-haul.

Apparently the Pyramids are sh*t anyway.

There's plenty of other, safer places in the world to spend your holiday money.

The world is going to ****, I'm sorry but it is.

there are a very few parts of the world where foreign tourists are ACTIVELY targeted by terrorists. Yes, there are places where foreign tourists might inadvertently get caught in the crossfire as it were, in terrorist incidents but there is a difference between that and being actively targeted, as a group. And in Egypt that is not only what is happening now, but what has been happening for many years.

67 tourists were targeted and killedby Terrorists in Egypt just a few years ago. The latest threats emanating from a group in the Sinai is directly aimed at tourists.

indeed, only 2 weeks ago 7 IRA bombs were found in the UK, strangely no mention on here? thought the sf terrorism experts would've been interested

They werent found. Iirc the IRA called them in and gave a warning.

Since the recent "ongoing" problems around the world ive been rethinking my tourist destinations and here are a few of my ideas. The north York moors and Whitby,The peak district, The lake district, The gower peninsular, Scotland, Cornwall, London, Stratford on avon, The wye valley, The sussex downs, Sheffields winter gardensand abbeydale industrial hamlet and Kelham island. The walks around ringinglow offer some of the most beautiful views anywhere in the world and while it is nice to travel it is also in the words of Frank Sinatra its so nicer to be at home. Just a thought.