Tourist bus blown up in Egypt

I've just heard a report that a bus full of tourists has been blown up in Egypt.

I'm thinking that the Egyptians have managed to totally destroy their tourist industry. Who is going to buy all those little bottles full of sand now?

I've just heard a report that a bus full of tourists has been blown up in Egypt.

I'm thinking that the Egyptians have managed to totally destroy their tourist industry. Who is going to buy all those little bottles full of sand now?

Im sure we will send something from our stretchable budget. Probably close a hospital or something to fund it.:help:

It was between Egypt and Israel in the Sinai region. 4 reported dead.

Bus blast kills 3 South Korean tourists in Egypt

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/02/16/egypt-tourist-bus-bombing/5530451/

Sinai isn't between Egypt and Israel, it's an area of Egypt.

And I was thinking it would be a good time to get a cheap holiday in Egypt. Even cheaper now, but I don't think I'll bother.

And I was thinking it would be a good time to get a cheap holiday in Egypt. Even cheaper now, but I don't think I'll bother.

Tourists were already staying away. I suspect this won't encourage them back.

http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2013/11/30/tourist-arrivals-drops-by-69-7-in-september-capmas/

I saw some incredible photos of thousands of empty seats at a sound and light concert at the pyramids.

I know. If you read the link it was at the border crossing between Egypt and Israel in the Sinai region.

I know. If you read the link it was at the border crossing between Egypt and Israel in the Sinai region.

Does it make any difference? It seems that Islamists were targeting tourists in Egypt. They were blown up for being in Egypt not because they were planning on leaving the place.

Yes, I read the link. The bombing was near the border crossing, not at it. The bombing wasn't between Israel and Egypt, it was in Egypt.

So what's new!! tourists have been targeted in Egypt for years, take the Luxor massacre in 1997 - terrorists opened fire on visitors to a temple, 67 (i think) killed. We went to Luxor in 2011, just after the first revolution. It was brilliant as all the tourist areas were virtually empty.

Its all over in North Africa for the foreseeable future.

Get over here to the states, we just shoot people now and then.

So what's new!! tourists have been targeted in Egypt for years, take the Luxor massacre in 1997 - terrorists opened fire on visitors to a temple, 67 (i think) killed. We went to Luxor in 2011, just after the first revolution. It was brilliant as all the tourist areas were virtually empty.

What a good advert for Egypt.. "We've been killing tourists for years"...