Cloud Storage Solutions

Hello, I was wondering what service offers the most free storage to date?

I know that Microsoft SkyDrive is 7 GB, Google MyDrive is 15 GB, Amazon Cloud is 5 GB and BT Cloud is 50 GB for new customers so are there any other free solutions that offer the most space for little to no cost on a permanent basis?

Hello, I was wondering what service offers the most free storage to date?

I know that Microsoft SkyDrive is 7 GB, Google MyDrive is 15 GB, Amazon Cloud is 5 GB and BT Cloud is 50 GB for new customers so are there any other free solutions that offer the most space for little to no cost on a permanent basis?

BT is for new/existing customers, but if you ever leave BT you lose your data unless you get it somewhere else - also unlike a lot of the others the BT Cloud doesn't sync up properly and if you ever delete the app of your phone/tablet/pc you have to recreate a new entry on the cloud (it won't let you use last settings).

I use SkyDrive as got 45GB free with that and I use flickr for photos and videos as unlimited storage on that (or you can have 1tb on free account).

I also have Google Drive which is 15GB but if you transfer photos under 2048x2048 they don't count towards usage, so in theory you could have unlimited for your photos

Also if you have Google account you can store upto 20,000 music tracks online and if you purchase any through Google these don't count towards usage either.

If you have a Samsung S3 or S4, you get 50GB of DropBox space for free...

If you have a Samsung S3 or S4, you get 50GB of DropBox space for free...

it is time limited like it was with HTC where you only got the space for 1 or 2 years then it is autmoatically reduced to 3gb. see here

Edited by walkerx

I am hoping to upload my entire music collection to one of these services and wonder which ones will be able to display the full folder system, album, artist information as well as the album art and ID tags as well.

Was thinking about going the FLAC route and doing all my albums lossless single files, 24-bit, stereo, 192000 Hz, best compression, 2x rip speeds.

Edited by BEDROCK

mega.co.nz offers 50GB of space, and automatic encryption of your files (so even if they wanted to, they couldn't see your files).

mega.co.nz offers 50GB of space, and automatic encryption of your files (so even if they wanted to, they couldn't see your files).

Can you play media from Mega like music and films and play playlists ???

Was thinking about going the FLAC route and doing all my albums lossless single files, 24-bit, stereo, 192000 Hz, best compression, 2x rip speeds.

Why? CDs are 16-bit, 44.1KHz. I'd do some research on ripping CDs first as it appears you don't know what you're doing.

Start here http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/ , there are plenty of guides and posts on that forum. I use dbPoweramp myself but previously used EAC.