Tesco Pitsmoor

Has anyone been in the Tesco at Pittsmoor/Burngreave in the evening?

If so, have you noticed the 'large family' who seem to be in there all the time, waiting rather aggressively for the final reductions?

No joke, this is quite intimidating, and although I believe they, along with everyone else, have a right to get a good deal for their family, (recession and all) they seem to be on the verge of assaulting people and pushing people out of the way, crowding you out and getting EVERYTHING that is on offer.

Yes, I've seen this too. There's a big gang of Eastern European asylum seekers by the reduced section who don't even have the manners to wait their turn, they just shove you out of the way and nearly send you flying. It certainly puts me off from shopping at Tesco.

Whos that then?

I don't know how old or educated you are. But England is only a little place on a big global earth where more than half its citizens live in poverty, some working hard, horrible for little pay to serve rich wealthy selfish societies for their luxuries.

I don't know how old or educated you are. But England is only a little place on a big global earth where more than half its citizens live in poverty, some working hard, horrible for little pay to serve rich wealthy selfish societies for their luxuries.

Feel better now?

Yes, I've seen this too. There's a big gang of Eastern European asylum seekers by the reduced section who don't even have the manners to wait their turn, they just shove you out of the way and nearly send you flying. It certainly puts me off from shopping at Tesco.

Eastern European asylum seekers? I suspect I've just been caught hook line and sinker here, but no-one from Eastern Europe needs to claim asylum as there are no controls to their movement (with a tiny exception for countries not yet in the EU).

Section 9 of the following doc https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/immigration-statistics-april-to-june-2013/immigration-statistics-april-to-june-2013#asylum-1shows the breakdown by nationality. No eastern european country has anymore than 282 applicants in 2013:

"In the year ending June 2013, there were 23,499 asylum applications, a rise of 3,503 (+18%) compared with the previous 12 months. This follows an increase of 6% from the previous year. The number of applications remains low relative to the peak number of applications in 2002 (84,132), and similar to levels seen since 2006. This increase in the latest year is driven by rises in applications from a number of nationalities, particularly nationals of Syria (+748), Pakistan (+685), Albania (+504), India (+382), and Bangladesh (+282)."

And amusingly, if you go to section 9.12, you can see that Poland is in the top 10 of countries taking asylum seekers in. Can't see them taking asylum seekers from elsewhere while large numbers of their country claim asylum elsewhere...also shows that Germany and France take twice the asylum seekers we do, another myth shattered about how Britain takes more than our fair share.

Eastern European asylum seekers? I suspect I've just been caught hook line and sinker here, but no-one from Eastern Europe needs to claim asylum as there are no controls to their movement (with a tiny exception for countries not yet in the EU).

Section 9 of the following doc https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/immigration-statistics-april-to-june-2013/immigration-statistics-april-to-june-2013#asylum-1shows the breakdown by nationality. No eastern european country has anymore than 282 applicants in 2013:

"In the year ending June 2013, there were 23,499 asylum applications, a rise of 3,503 (+18%) compared with the previous 12 months. This follows an increase of 6% from the previous year. The number of applications remains low relative to the peak number of applications in 2002 (84,132), and similar to levels seen since 2006. This increase in the latest year is driven by rises in applications from a number of nationalities, particularly nationals of Syria (+748), Pakistan (+685), Albania (+504), India (+382), and Bangladesh (+282)."

And amusingly, if you go to section 9.12, you can see that Poland is in the top 10 of countries taking asylum seekers in. Can't see them taking asylum seekers from elsewhere while large numbers of their country claim asylum elsewhere...also shows that Germany and France take twice the asylum seekers we do, another myth shattered about how Britain takes more than our fair share.

My Bold

I wonder if we, the uk could be picked up and dropped into Germany or France i wonder whether they would know we where there, if you get my drift

Tesco should vary the times when they put the reductions out.

Do some in the mornings.

This is what sometimes happens and is a good solution. The reason they dont all do it is because some shops want to wait till the very last minute before they reduce.

There should be no shoving, no touching, no barging in front of people and no hogging.

Theres plenty the shops can do if they wish, but some of them arent so bright.

Some people have no manners and see no harm in barging in because its obviously what they are used to. The discounts can save you a lot of money though if you get lucky.

ps what sgtkate said obviously true ynless there was an and inbetween. I tend to think it was meant as it was written though, good one Rickie.

[/b]

My Bold

I wonder if we, the uk could be picked up and dropped into Germany or France i wonder whether they would know we where there, if you get my drift

I wonder how many you had to drink today.

I wonder how many you had to drink today.

OK explanation, they are a lot lot bigger than the u.k, so they can take alot more immigrants in, having said that they have caused alot of trouble in Germany.

OK explanation, they are a lot lot bigger than the u.k, so they can take alot more immigrants in, having said that they have caused alot of trouble in Germany.

I don't live in page hall but some distance from it in a nice house. When my mother visited from holland I told her about page hall and the latest development of eastern EU immigration. Her first words were "that is going to be a problem".

These immigrants fight and struggle for a little money. I see a very similar behaviour in well behaved citizens that maybe in a more integrated polite manner are just as greedy and nasty to get a little money. They just do it in a more friendly fashion.

Has any research or investigation been done if those immigrants sell these reduced items to others for profits?

Went in there on Sunday as it was the only supermarket open past 4pm and we'd run out of gravy.

I was surprised how ethnic it was. Never been in a Tesco like that and i lived in London for year.

Was really busy though, if not a bit chaotic.

Can't wait for the new NETTO begin built at Hillsbough Halifax rd.