Second hand or new computer

Not all three or four year old laptops are in poor condition. I have a spare one (MSI) that is now about six years old and you wouldn't know it from new. It came with Vista, I upgraded it to Windows 8, put another 1GB memory module in it (now 2GB) and it is perfectly adequate for a back up, which is why I have hung on to it. A family member has the same model, similar age, still running Vista, looks well and is perfectly adequate for the purpose for which it used.

Just keep looking and you might find something similar with W7.

Thanks for all your replies. Cash convertors say they have some in so will go down monday. [ about £200 ] and have a look but dont know if they can be seen working. But they say if i have any prob they will excchange it wich seems fair enough.

Thanks for all your replies. Cash convertors say they have some in so will go down monday. [ about £200 ] and have a look but dont know if they can be seen working. But they say if i have any prob they will excchange it wich seems fair enough.

Cash converters is a very expensive option. Can't say I would buy anything electronic from them.

Look at my ad mate.. See if its any good for you..

Again without knowing the price of things and knowing what you want then how on earth can you spot good from bad? For £200 I would want an i3 processor 3-4gb ram and a decent make. Brands I like are Toshiba and Samsung. Why not take a friend with you who knows about computers? There are good computers on ebay.

Be sure to ask if you can get a refund, not just a swap or credit note, if you do go down this route. I wouldn't.

Hi is it possible to buy a second laptop with windows 7. Or do i have to wait while windows 9 comes out . No way am i am i buying anything to do with windows 8 or anything like it. thanks for any replies. :suspect:

Officially, you can still buy new systems with WIN7 Home until October 31, 2014. See here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/lifecycle

Nearly 1000 results here at Amazon for new and used systems:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Laptops-Windows-7-Computers-Accessories/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n%3A429886031%2Cp_n_operating_system_browse-bin%3A319707031

---------- Post added 17-02-2014 at 14:51 ----------

And if you want one for out and about:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-Toughbook-Tablet-Refurbisher-Touchscreen/dp/B00IC5NPE8/ref=sr_1_16?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1392648037&sr=1-16

If you hate the windows 8 interface so badly just install "Classic Start Menu". I did on my windows 8 machines and now they're virtually identical to windows 7

Cash converters is a very expensive option. Can't say I would buy anything electronic from them.

Cash converters they are what they are, they told told me in good faith that an IMac they had in their widow was a 2011 model, I said it looked like a 2008 model but they checked it and said no no its 2011, turned out it was Mid-2007 so I wouldn't trust them.

if you do buy from them make sure you put the receipt somewhere safe.:thumbsup:

Edited by Beechwood_S6

Toshiba C660 are the Best Value laptops with Super Batterylife with windows 7 on it,Try Ebay or Gumtree an Cash Generator for Laptops or Computers