Where did the Beatles play in Sheffield?

i go shopping in the co op on white lane all the time.

unbelievable that the greatest band ever strutted there stuff in that building.

what year was it?i cant remember the `azeena`im only 35.was it a nightclub?

Azena was a dance hall, I think.

Our band/group 'The Drumbeats' lost one of the support slots on the toss of a coin to Mark Stone And The Adens when the Beatles played The Azena.

Didn't they play the Black Cat Club on City Road in late '62 or am I imagining it? It was more or less a youth club and if I remember correctly they had been booked before they made the breakthrough but honored the booking.

to donny b good.

see my previous post from 15/02.

Yes I remember the Azeena, and black cat & club 60 on west bar also remember seeing the Beetles at the City Hall never heard a word of the songs just intro music and then MEGGA SCREEMS

Just out of interest,what venues did the beatles play in sheffield?

Is it true they played in the building on white lane that is now the Co op?:help:

city hall i thought

They were at the City Hall at least once. I went to see them. The screams were so loud that you could hardly hear the music.

I saw them at the City Hall. We were in the seats that were on the stage, so actually behind them when they were performing. The seats were first come first served, so we queued up all day for the doors to open, then ran hell for leather down the corridor so that we could be on the front row. Mainly only saw the backs of their heads, but still, it was a great time to be a teenager.

I also remember seeing them at the Gaumont.

My sister saw them at the Azena, I was too young.

Have programme of Beatles at the City Hall. No date on it but in support were -

The Rhythm and Blues Quartet, Frank Berry, The Vernons Girls, The Brook Brothers, Peter Jay and the Jaywalkers,The Kestrals.

Wonder if its worth anything price wise?

I've got a photocopy of their setlist from The Azena in McCartneys handwriting. It was picked up on the night by the drummer with the support band The Aidens. I believe it was sold a couple of years ago to an American collector for a lot of money

I never saw them live but I remember seeing them regularly on Scene At 6.30 on TV. It was early '62 before I left school in April, also before their moptops. They looked scrufy and rebellious then, we loved them for that and used to rave over them next day at school. It wasn't long after at work when a bloke said "If you think they (The Beatles) are scruffy wait until you see another group, they're called the Rolling Stones"

Heh heh.