Cyclist this morning

What about pedestrians that cause accidents by running/stepping out into the road? A friend had £1000 worth of damage done to his vehicle as a result of a careless pedestrian. Is it fair for motorists to pick up the tab? ;)

Have you got something in your eye?

No because pedestrians don't have wheel and expect every other road user to get out of their way like cyclists do. Obey the rules of the road cover yourself for accidents like everyone else. If a cyclists knocks someone over and that person can't work who picks up the bill?

But they are road users.

Some joggers are a right nuisance.

Are they does crossing the road count asa road user I'm sure someone will come up with a stat on the percentage of time on the road surface makes you a user. The point I'm trying to make is this guy thought it was funny he nearly knocked me over while on a crossing and I'm sorry but idiots like this should not be allowed near any wheels at all.

Another one for you what's to stop someone with very poor eyesight riding a cycle?

Cyclists have wheels and use the roads pedestrians just cross them and accidents happen this incident was due to a cyclist not following the rules of the road

Prams have wheels, shopping trolley's have wheels , Invalid scooters have wheels.

So cyclists should be allowed to ride how they like not caring about pedestrians, what if I had been an elderly person dswho couldn't get out of the way.

You forgot skateboards, roller skates and roller blades.

Come on wake up and smell the coffee

Another one for you what's to stop someone with very poor eyesight riding a cycle?

Natural selection.

Natural selection.

Sort of survival of the fitest :):):):)

So cyclists should be allowed to ride how they like not caring about pedestrians, what if I had been an elderly person dswho couldn't get out of the way.

You forgot skateboards, roller skates and roller blades.

Come on wake up and smell the coffee

Or glue, in your case :)

There is no such thing as road tax, it is called vehicle emissions duty.

It's Vehicle Excise Duty.

Cyclists have wheels and use the roads pedestrians just cross them and accidents happen this incident was due to a cyclist not following the rules of the road

Thanks for point out the difference, I would never have figured that one out. Why you obsessed with wheels, I do not know. Is crossing a road not the same as using?

Have you got something in your eye?

Yes, a large flippant post :D :D

Yes, a large flippant post :D :D

You shouldnt have posted it then.

It's Vehicle Excise Duty.

I stand corrected.

It is based on emissions and has absolutely zero to do with any sort of right to use the roads.

---------- Post added 18-02-2014 at 16:19 ----------

I think third party insurance should be mandatory for cyclists everyother road users is supposed to have it

You would probably be suprised by how many cyclists DO have insurance. Just joining British Cycling for £30-odd per year gives you third party cover.

---------- Post added 18-02-2014 at 16:20 ----------

No they don't , what a ludicrous thing to say.

It's a push bike

Absolute 'Poppycock'

Another dinosaur who thinks she owns the road in her automatic Nissan micra.