Getting to an ATOS Assesment Interview

Fightback are another excellent organisation who are helping me with my ESA after failing me previously.

Atos are ending their contract to carry out Work for DWP :banana:

Not before time either!!

Some of my forces friends have visited ATOS and their reports are horrendous! One returning minus a leg was classed fit for work - I ask you!!!

:confused:

Not before time either!!

Some of my forces friends have visited ATOS and their reports are horrendous! One returning minus a leg was classed fit for work - I ask you!!!

:confused:

What about the man born with half his arm missing?

The plant-pot who did his ATOS interview asked him (And I kid you not!!!!) whether he thought his arm would grow back in the next two years...?

I mean, what the actual...?

My brother in law has an assessment with ATOS next week

He struggles to walk so ill be taking him.

If he can physically get to the assesment, will they say hes fit to get to work?

---------- Post added 13-02-2014 at 23:02 ----------

Anyone?????????

You can request for them to come out to you. Wish I did I struggled there and back and it made me ill for over a week.You have to get 15 points I got 9. I can only walk or stand for 5 minutes at a time. The Job centre rang me to check the accessment and ahen I said if I I look for a job could they gaurantee that I could get too and from a bus stop when they find me a job and they were not interested it didn't give me enough up tp 15 points cannot climb stairs.

I received a letter asking me to attend an assessment I thought of my last one and thought hopefully it would be as relaxed as that one, the assessor discussed my heart problem and sent me on my way, so imagine what I thought when I received another letter stating after receiving further information I would no longer be required to attend for assessment.

This got me thinking just how bad is my health when atos reject me, do others know more than I do about my state of being and not telling me or am I just not worth chasing for the sake of figures.

Paul.

I had my meeting for PIP and it went very well, hopefully should get higher rate of both from what she said.

Results in approx 4 weeks

Its also good advice to record the assessment, the assessor helpfully "made up" answers and statements for a relative of mine to help him to fail, of course they dont want to know nor do they believe you when you are upset about that and complain, I think a lot depends on who you get to assess you and sadly you wont know until you get there.

RE above. - i spoke to an occupational therapy adviser who helps people with disabilities apply for benefits. I applied for DLA a couple of years back and the ATOS women made several things up that didnt happen in the interview but she put them in the report! I have a friend who applied last year, he got the same woman who did the same thing to him! The occy health advisor helpfully told me that ATOS have pulled out of the contract to do medicals because some members of staff were being threatened (not suprising when you make up lies about poeples lives!). So she tells me the medicals are now being done by Capita and there have been a lot less complaints so hopefully they will be honest in their reports rather than making it their mission to fail people.

---------- Post added 19-07-2014 at 15:26 ----------

apologies for terrible spelling above...

I have amputated arm high at the shoulder, twisted spine caused by my body compensating for it, arthritis in my shoulder of "good" arm, tinisinvitus in my wrist and beginnings of arthritis in both knees, I was told by DWP after 2 assessments by "health care professionals" I was fit for limited work, even though my doctor had just signed me unfit for work for at least six months, still fighting it.

On the grow back arm thing, my brother lost an eye in childhood, has limited vision in the other and was told by a doctor at an assessment and I quote" perhaps some form of glasses would improve the patients vision" I sh*t you not.