Owls vs Charlton - FA Cup

too many changes in 1 game

not playing kirkland as i stated before kick off as keeper at fault for no2

missed Lee in midfield

just poor 1st half a lot better 2nd half but no luck and just not good enough on the day

Whilst a packed Bramall Lane and the opportunity of reaching the semis would have been nice and a welcome relief from what has been a disastrous season for both Sheffield sides, what really matters is that each club consolidates itself in their respective leagues THIS season and re-group and push on next.

If the Blades lose to Charlton then the cup run will be quickly forgotten; if we beat them then at least we'll have one day out worth remembering this season. The FA cup run has been a nice distraction (sic) and has undoubtedly lifted the spirits and belief of everyone at SUFC.

As a Blades fan, I think Wednesday have found the right guy for the job and with some investment should be a force to be reckoned with next season. For us, I too think we have the right man in Nigel Clough and he is turning things around - but all this will count for nothing if we are relegated (fairly unlikely but still a real possibility) and no cup run would make up for playing in the fourth tier of the English game.

Owls were awfull 1st 30 mins,thought grey dropped a clanger when after the equaliser he carried on with the substitution,should have left it another 10 mins but we should still have got at least a replay out of it.

Yea I thought he might of waited although we did seem more dangerous once the subs had been made. Just too many players had off days and could of done with lee or samedo in the middle to stop the midfield out playing us

Just to start, I DIDN'T go to the game last night.

I think Gray's 5 (6?) changes backfired on him.

The lads who won at Huddersfield would have expected to start.

Some 'in the know' talk about being tired, and 2 games in 3 days was seen to be a killer before the event.

Bullcrappen I say. The team who won at 'Udders could easily have played, (and won) last night.

I'm not slaughtering Gray, but on this occasion, I think the effect on team spirit may prove to be very destructive. Players, like fans, can be very fickle.

The team he put out there wasn't a poor side, they should have done better, but it seems to me that their mindset was all wrong from minute one.

I hope that the spirit in the camp isn't harmed permanently.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

Apparently there are now two flood alerts in the City.

The first as someone has pointed out was with Owls fans in floods of tears.

At the other end of the City Blades fans are ******* themselves laughing!

Whilst a packed Bramall Lane and the opportunity of reaching the semis would have been nice and a welcome relief from what has been a disastrous season for both Sheffield sides, what really matters is that each club consolidates itself in their respective leagues THIS season and re-group and push on next.

If the Blades lose to Charlton then the cup run will be quickly forgotten; if we beat them then at least we'll have one day out worth remembering this season. The FA cup run has been a nice distraction (sic) and has undoubtedly lifted the spirits and belief of everyone at SUFC.

As a Blades fan, I think Wednesday have found the right guy for the job and with some investment should be a force to be reckoned with next season. For us, I too think we have the right man in Nigel Clough and he is turning things around - but all this will count for nothing if we are relegated (fairly unlikely but still a real possibility) and no cup run would make up for playing in the fourth tier of the English game.

hang on hang on, a disastrous season for the owls? We're currently 15th and rising, a mid table finish in the championship is good, not a disaster

hang on hang on, a disastrous season for the owls? We're currently 15th and rising, a mid table finish in the championship is good, not a disaster

You are in the ascendancy but a few weeks ago you were looking at the dreaded drop. You're still not out of the woods.

Would you have taken mid-table pre-season?

Apparently there are now two flood alerts in the City.

At the other end of the City Blades fans are ******* themselves laughing!

I don't see any Owls crying on here?

We've all given credit where credit is due.

Secondly, it's usually childish to laugh at someone else's downfall.

If the red third of Sheffield find it funny, then so be it.

The sigh of relief from S2 can be heard in Scotland.

Enjoy Wembley :thumbsup:

You are in the ascendancy but a few weeks ago you were looking at the dreaded drop. You're still not out of the woods.

Would you have taken mid-table pre-season?

Not a disastrous season though, just poor. I'd we go down then yes disastrous then. I'd of gladly took mid table pre season

---------- Post added 25-02-2014 at 10:48 ----------

Too right, no tears here more important stuff to worry about than a game of football

Wednesday's children are full of woe :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

You should have heard your radio Sheffield fans paul walker and toby foster at 8-30 this morning, really brightened my day up, the germans have a word for it, schadenfreude.

I have heard Thornbridge are bring out another Sheffield Wednesday beer.

Tastes very bitter and bottled it last night:hihi: