Scrapped cars MEGATHREAD - No buying or selling

When I asked about 2 weeks ago price was around £90 a ton for cars

they gave my son in laws mother £70 for her scrap honda car they came and collected so i think they deducted some of,the car had not been run for nearly 20 years flat tyres etc,he pumped the tyres up put a battery on it and the car started up,he looked to see how much petrol was in it, then he drove it to the scrapyard at wincobank,

Does anyone now current prices? Also ive heard EMR are charging for wheels and tyre again? Any truth in that? cheers

I have the shell of a Micra in S17. Just wanting rid of it, not expecting to get any cash for it. Anyone aware of anyone who'd come and take it?

How much for a 2002 peugeot 206, the reward recycling offered me only 15.00!

Scrap is shocking at the moment , I used our own car to show a customer how bad it is , for a 7 seater Zafira last week I was offered £7.04 !!!! I've been advising to try selling on e bay as spares or repairs at the moment rather than scrap

Scrap is shocking at the moment , I used our own car to show a customer how bad it is , for a 7 seater Zafira last week I was offered £7.04 !!!! I've been advising to try selling on e bay as spares or repairs at the moment rather than scrap

Was that price fora full car as well or just a shell?

That's for our fully functioning own car !!! Shocking !!

Yea that is kinda low, but not unheard of, the price/value of iron is 1/5 what it used to be.

I think it's well under 50 a ton now for scrap metal, obviously cars need decontamination and a certificate issuing, they're full of plastic and crap as well so with the time and labour involved there's very little money there.

Edited by geared

Well, it seems seven pounds is the going rate locally, going to see if i get more on the websites.

need scapper licensed, s7 thanks.

will i be able to take the car there, non insured, non taxed?

Edited by gamezone07

Well, it seems seven pounds is the going rate locally, going to see if i get more on the websites.

need scapper licensed, s7 thanks.

will i be able to take the car there, non insured, non taxed?

I've just rung a scrap yard up and they have told me it£45 a ton for cars .

You can not drive your car even to a scrap yard with out insurance or tax ,you could tow it in and get round it that way