Scrapped cars MEGATHREAD - No buying or selling

Hi

I am looking to scrap my Peugeot 407 - plate 54, 130,000miles.

What sort of price am I looking to get for it and where?

A pal sold a car to we buy any car and got more than the scrap yard were offering

I put my car in a ditch this morning, it has some significant damage and is not worth repairing.

It got it recovered to my house and its currently sat on my drive. The car is not worth what I would have to pay my insurance excess and increased premiums so I am not claiming on any insurance policy.

What I would like to do is to sell it to a legit car scrapping company who will come and collect it from the house.

Any suggestions? I really dont know how this works but I want to make sure the car is scrapped.

Insurers, will not repair cars any more they make a low offer fOn it but they will say its not worth it and scrap it,so you srap it or strip it down for parts of get people down if they want a part but tell them they will have to remove it go on internet find scap yards and ask how much say a alternator will cost if they come back and sau £30 or 40 qid thats gives you an idea howw much to charge especially head light fittings all the rear unit lights then you got the starer motor ,the engine gear box salvage what you can you may end up with a few hundred for it good luck

Got a T-reg Renault Clio Auto 1.4, it had been hit a few years ago and written off, but was able to get that repaired and back on the road for the last 2 years and was a great little runner... but now something has gone apparently in the gearbox, and the car will only drive backwards, it only coasts forwards (and I think the battery may have died now also)... it would cost me too much to try get it repaired (much more than it's value), but obviously can't drive it anywhere... i've already declared it SORN...

So are there any recommended places that would collect this (and don't charge the earth for collecting it), and what else do I need to be aware of (e.g. relating to V5 form completion - if it does go, I want to make sure i'm not liable for whatever may happen to it in future). :)

Hi,

Would someone be able to tell me how much they would give for 04 plate 2ltr mondeo scrap? If possible collect today but I am wanting to keep my alloys. Haven't got any spare wheels though so either take it and save the wheels for me to collect or if could take them off once on the truck?

I am scrapping it because the injectors have gone and it's not economical for me to fix it.

Please pm me on here.

Thanks

Luke

anyone give me a price for a 52plate ford focus clutch just gone on it or a problem with the clutch and dont have cash to get it sorted so its spares or repair scrap please pm me with info thanks

Anybody know best place to sell scrap cars that can collect . Iv got 2 peugeot a 405 and 406 that I need gone need the space and don't have the time to sort them out. Thanks

Can anybody recommend anywhere that would give better than £100 for a scrap car?

It's an alfa 147 2l ts..

I put my car in a ditch this morning, it has some significant damage and is not worth repairing.

It got it recovered to my house and its currently sat on my drive. The car is not worth what I would have to pay my insurance excess and increased premiums so I am not claiming on any insurance policy.

What I would like to do is to sell it to a legit car scrapping company who will come and collect it from the house.

Any suggestions? I really dont know how this works but I want to make sure the car is scrapped.

Motorhog give good £

Can anybody recommend anywhere that would give better than £100 for a scrap car?

It's an alfa 147 2l ts..

Scrap values have taken a nose dive as the value of metal is much lower than it used to be.

Ring round the local yards to see what you can get, you might get lucky??

Hi,i have a r reg corsa b.the head gasket has gone and the car runs from cold for a few miles then boils. Does anybody know the latest scrap value and who will take it.thanks for any feedback.