Scrapped cars MEGATHREAD - No buying or selling

Happy to collect and fill paperwork in while you are there thanks

I bought a new car a month ago and my old one is just sat there doing nothing. It runs, but has a coolant leak which I haven't been able to find, so I'm not sure anybody will want to buy it. The tax and insurance have now run out and I'm not happy about paying to insure and tax it just to drive it to a scrapyard.

What can I do to get rid of it? I can't leave it on the drive forever.

How much do you get for scrap these days?

You won't get anything for scrap if they have to come and collect.

Stick it on eBay, list the faults and be very clear the tax and MOT has expired.

Someone will buy it regardless, and pay you £100 or so in the process.

I bought a new car a month ago and my old one is just sat there doing nothing. It runs, but has a coolant leak which I haven't been able to find, so I'm not sure anybody will want to buy it. The tax and insurance have now run out and I'm not happy about paying to insure and tax it just to drive it to a scrapyard.

What can I do to get rid of it? I can't leave it on the drive forever.

How much do you get for scrap these days?

As Geared said, eBay it with a low start price. The car will find its own value

What is it BTW?

you talk daft ring wallis scrap merchants in goldthorpe they will come to your house tow car onto lorry and give you a cheque for the value of scrap - i got 150 quid

you talk daft ring wallis scrap merchants in goldthorpe they will come to your house tow car onto lorry and give you a cheque for the value of scrap - i got 150 quid

what car was that if you dont mind me askin?

As Geared said, eBay it with a low start price. The car will find its own value

What is it BTW?

Just an 05 Vauxhall Corsa.

Hi my daughter has a Peugeot 206 she is thinking of scrapping it can anyone tell me how much it is worth please it is a runner just has problems with gearbox and battery is dead hope someone can help thanks

30-40 quid if you drive it to the yard, if they have to come and pick it up you'll be lucky if they don't charge you.

best bet is to list it on eBay, be totally honest and list all issues with the car, put it up for 99p start and see where bidding goes from there.

Thanks for you advice I was told at scrap yard if I can bring it down I get £75 but that is the problem I can't get it down

Edited by donut 747

Hi my daughter has a Peugeot 206 she is thinking of scrapping it can anyone tell me how much it is worth please it is a runner just has problems with gearbox and battery is dead hope someone can help thanks

Hi what colour and year is it as I need a tailgate handle for mine