Scrapped cars MEGATHREAD - No buying or selling

I am doing the same . My beloved Poppy is going to be scrapped tomorrow . There is a firm coming to take her away . I look on it that she is donating her parts to other cars .

I'm sorry i have break it to you like this, but.....

I doubt your car will be donor. more like crushed, cut up in tiny pieces an melted down in to lumps of metal an shipped off too china!

have a nice day :)

Going to scrap a car this week it's a citroen picasso 1.8

It weighs around 1.3 ton so I have been told

Who is the best at the min I can drive it in to the scrap yard

Thanks

There are plenty of online ones that will either come and collect and can provide quotes for dropping off. I got ~£150 for my old Primera (collected from home) from http://www.cartakeback.com/

Scrap prices are around £0.11/Kg I think.

jb

If you drive in, EMR on East Coast Road usually give the best prices

Don't forget to leave the windows open and get the interior nice a wet, make sure the spare wheel and other junk are present too, couple of bricks under the rear seat was always a good trick too, all helps bump the weight up :thumbsup:

Don't forget to leave the windows open and get the interior nice a wet, make sure the spare wheel and other junk are present too, couple of bricks under the rear seat was always a good trick too, all helps bump the weight up :thumbsup:

Lol :D:D:D:D:D

give me a call ill buy it 011443 88188

Going to scrap a car this week it's a citroen picasso 1.8

It weighs around 1.3 ton so I have been told

Who is the best at the min I can drive it in to the scrap yard

Thanks

You better off taking cat and battery off and scrapping those separately

What about breaking the car yourself. Are the wheels worth anything? is the engine/gearbox ok? what about the interior? You can often make more money this way and then just scrap whats left.

Is this still available as I need one for a few parts. It will be cheaper then buying bits from scrapeyard

Seriously doubt it mate.

---------- Post added 22-08-2014 at 13:46 ----------

What about breaking the car yourself. Are the wheels worth anything? is the engine/gearbox ok? what about the interior? You can often make more money this way and then just scrap whats left.

In theory yes, if you break it down and sell off each individual bits separately you can make a tidy profit.

but you need the space to do that, and you need time to be able to market and sell the parts.

Depending on the car/part you could be months waiting to sell some bits, or find that stuff is just far too knackered to bother attempting to sell.

What is a 2000 VW Passat worth in scrap. Its a runner and has MOT until july but needs a few things doing.