Help with regard to Sheffield City Councils Refusal to Remodel Wetroom

when we were offered our council house in 2000, i was pregnant with my youngest child and had a 3 year old too. The house had a wetroom, we enquired about having a bath fitted but was told, the house comes with a wetroom, take it or leave it, we took it, i was a bit apprehensive about the kids showering especially my son as he was use to baths but they loved it and have never had any problems with it. :)

To be honest what would happen to a disabled person really isn't my problem... I'm more concerned for my daughters safety! :)

Well thats a shocking attitude to take. Not your problem? You should be ashamed of yourself.

What a selfish person you sound:rant: :hihi:

Well thats a shocking attitude to take. Not your problem? You should be ashamed of yourself.

What a selfish person you sound:rant: :hihi:

Do you feel awkard ?

What on earth are you putting down it to need that doing every month :o:o:o

The only time I've ever backed a drain up was in my first place at uni, when I chucked a load of fat down the sink (despite being told this was bad)

Mr Muscle and a plunger saved my ass that time :D

I was wondering that too. I have long hair that gets everywhere and I don't have major problems. If the OP's wet room is anything like mine, the plugs are easier to clean than a regular one. Mine used to lift out easily once I levered the edge up with something (be careful not to damage the floor surface though). Then its just a case of pulling out any hair and debris.

Do you feel awkard ?

Sorry I dont know him.

Buy one of those paddling pools that just pop open, and let that fill with water. Then just fold away when done.

Brilliant idea as long as the child is watched at all times to prevent drowing

unfortunately op I dont think your going to find much sympathy on here. some practical hints and tips on how to cope yes, but sympathy? no. As you can see there are people crying out for wetrooms and visa versa. It is the way the council works unfortuantely that they dont seem to consider peoples needs when allocating properties and certainly wont renovate a useable space.

The options are stark but have been spelled out to you.

I doubt youl get much more out of this thread apart from what your currently getting.

unfortunately op I dont think your going to find much sympathy on here. some practical hints and tips on how to cope yes, but sympathy? no. As you can see there are people crying out for wetrooms and visa versa. It is the way the council works unfortuantely that they dont seem to consider peoples needs when allocating properties and certainly wont renovate a useable space.

The options are stark but have been spelled out to you.

I doubt youl get much more out of this thread apart from what your currently getting.

Unfortunately they don't always have suitably adapted properties in the areas where the people who need them want to live.

or in the sizes that people need them either unfortunately. Or allowing under 65's in bungalows for example..

i can empathise with your situation as i have a wet room in my flat which was put in for a previous tenant.. i used to work in housing maintenance not scc and all RSL when they do adaptations for disabled people tend not to remove them once they are done as there is a shortage of accessible properties with level access showers.. plus the cost of converting is around £5,000 min could i suggest that you put yourself on a list to transfer there is an accessible property home swap site where people that need a shower will look to swap. I know when i signed for this it was explained to me that they would not put a bath back in.. and i know from my 12 years of working in social housing the same thing was said to anyone that signed up for a property that had undergone adaptations..

---------- Post added 12-02-2014 at 21:40 ----------

To be honest what would happen to a disabled person really isn't my problem...

i am sorry but i was showing you empathy.. but this comment is not really called for.. i had a disabled son for 12 and bit years and was grateful for the adaptations that were done.. disabled people do not ask to be disabled.. and in a way you should care as anyone at anytime could become disabled...

my disabled child when he was around fell out of bed.. would i remove the bed to stop it happening again.. there are some shower seats that you can get for your child to keep them safe

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71mpg0dm%2BHL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by millsands

What on earth are you putting down it to need that doing every month :o:o:o

The only time I've ever backed a drain up was in my first place at uni, when I chucked a load of fat down the sink (despite being told this was bad)

Mr Muscle and a plunger saved my ass that time :D

Ooo'er Missus :hihi: