Another child mauled to death by a dog.

I said I had a suspicion, a fairly reasonable one. And you respond by suggesting that I like children to be killed.

Yeah, that's me making the personal attack, plain for everyone to see.

Are you still not going to answer it then?

Still can't explain how a dog is a weapon then?

---------- Post added 13-02-2014 at 15:14 ----------

And the answer from millions of dog owners across the country would be yes.

I suppose they're all unreasonable though, and you get to decide that?

Not me chuck a Judge!

On your first point I assume you observed this behaviour or how would you know it happened thus your child was not alone with the dog thus both the child and the dog may have reacted differently if your imposing presence was not around. A spud gun uk version is pretty harmless but as it fires a projectile at close quarters it could damage the eye. The American version is a little larger thus the risk factor increases a bit like small and large dogs.

Woah, Woah!! Wait a minute.................

There's English AND American versions of spud guns?!?:|

Oh, and by the way, I wasn't always in the room.

Woah, Woah!! Wait a minute.................

There's English AND American versions of spud guns?!?:|

Oh, and by the way, I wasn't always in the room.

Yes and ok then that's your decision as a parent who was willing to take the consequences of that decision.

Yes and ok then that's your decision as a parent who was willing to take the consequences of that decision.

And the dog did nothing. I was 110% certain that the dog would do nothing. Which proves one thing, it's down to how the dog was brought up.

That's blown my mind about the spud guns though.....totally!

Not me chuck a Judge!

Reasonability in law is almost always assessed against the "common man", not against what the judge or magistrate would do.

And the dog did nothing. I was 110% certain that the dog would do nothing. Which proves one thing, it's down to how the dog was brought up

I'm also certain that my dog would never hurt a child. I totally trust her with my boyfriends son. She may accidently knock him over as he does change direction quickly and without warning, but she wouldn't attack him. The only reason I never leave them unattended is because I don't want the child to hurt my dog.

Edited by angel22

Reasonability in law is almost always assessed against the "common man", not against what the judge or magistrate would do.

In this case it will be what a reasonably careful parent would have done, but the judge will decide what a reasonable careful parent would have done.

I'm also certain that my dog would never hurt a child. I totally trust her with my boyfriends son. She may accidemtly knock him over as he does change direction quickly and without warning, but she wouldn't attack him. The only reason I never leave them unattended is because I don't want the child to hurt my dog.

In that case you're not fit to be a parent. Even the most biased of dog lovers would agree that no breed of dog should ever be left alone with a child.

I bet the owner of this dog that's killed the child also said "I'm also certain that my dog would never hurt a child".

I'm also certain that my dog would never hurt a child. I totally trust her with my boyfriends son. She may accidemtly knock him over as he does change direction quickly and without warning, but she wouldn't attack him. The only reason I never leave them unattended is because I don't want the child to hurt my dog.

Perhaps your boyfriend should do risk assessments:hihi:

Perhaps your boyfriend should do risk assessments:hihi:

Perhaps he should find a more responsible girlfriend!

In that case you're not fit to be a parent. Even the most biased of dog lovers would agree that no breed of dog should ever be left alone with a child.

I bet the owner of this dog that's killed the child also said "I'm also certain that my dog would never hurt a child".

Same response again. Are you just copying and pasting? Are you a robot?

If you read my comments properly (including the one you just quoted me on) you will see that on more than one occasion throughout this thread I have said that I would never leave a dog and a child together unattended.

Edited by angel22