TM Travel - bus route 30 relaunch

Did anyone else see a TM new route branded 30 bus broke down just outside C.Peaks bus station about 5pm today? Think it was fleet no. 834? I passed it too quick for precise details.

Sh2006

Edited by Sheff2006

It costs more on the 30 and I have no idea if I can use it with other providers' tickets.

The wellgate group finally investing in new buses for TM then instead of bleeding it dry

I think you mean Wellglade group.

It costs more on the 30 and I have no idea if I can use it with other providers' tickets.

It isn't part of the Optio joint service arrangement on route 42/44/120/123 if that's what you mean...

TM Travel do their own tickets - £3.60 for a Sheffield all day ticket or £11.50 for a Sheffield weekly ticket - as well as accepting Citywide tickets that are valid for all buses and trams (£4.30 day/£17 week).

---------- Post added 15-02-2014 at 20:53 ----------

Of course a problem with commuting on route 30 can be traffic on the parkway. I'd rather use the tram.

Did anyone else see a TM new route branded 30 bus broke down just outside C.Peaks bus station about 5pm today? Think it was fleet no. 834? I passed it too quick for precise details.

Sh2006

yes , I saw that . blocked all the entrance to the bus station

you`ll be one of those "OAP`s" one day!!!!

As the retirement age rises, an increasing amount of people will die before reaching retirement.

The majority of these people dying before retirement age will be those born into the poorest households.

The average life expectancy of a homeless person is just 49 for example.

Those born in the poorest areas of Sheffield die on average some 20 or so years before those born in the wealthiest areas.

no timetables in peaks so called in town the lady behind the counter had not heard of line 30,a busman came in and told her it was the orange bus that went past their office so she gave me a timetable dated 2012 for the old 30x route.will stick to the tram.

Shame they cant divert to Mosborough. We are very poorly served by buses.

really? You have

Route 50/50A Sheffield-Mosborough-Eckington-Chesterfield : every half hour

Route 53 Sheffield-Mosborough-Eckington-Mansfield: every 2 hours

Route 55 Plumbley-Mosborough-Crystal Peaks-Birley-Frecheville: every hour

route 71 Sheffield-Mosborough-Halfway-Killamarsh-Chesterfield : every hour

Plus route 30A evenings and Sundays.

---------- Post added 16-02-2014 at 11:00 ----------

no timetables in peaks so called in town the lady behind the counter had not heard of line 30,a busman came in and told her it was the orange bus that went past their office so she gave me a timetable dated 2012 for the old 30x route.will stick to the tram.

Ah the good old PTE....

Whilst I would stick to the tram too, here is a link to TM Travel's timetables http://www.tmtravel.co.uk/bus-times/south-yorkshire/

---------- Post added 16-02-2014 at 11:02 ----------

Have you taken advantage of the Stagecoach Megarider online promotion on at the moment? You have until this Wednesday to order a weekly bus & tram pass for £6.75 at http://www.megaridersale.com/yorkshire

Edited by Andy C

Every bus that travels through Mosborough goes along Mosborough Moor and Birley Moor road into the bus station only. Places such as Gleadless and Handsworth are inaccessible if you live here. Route 55 is not every hour, it starts at 9 am and finishes at 4.30 with no bus at 3.pm There is no way of getting directly to peaks before or after then. Going out of Sheffield you can only get to Chesterfield or Mansfield. Hardly a decent choice of alternative shopping.

Edited by mrs patching

Every bus that travels through Mosborough goes along Mosborough Moor and Birley Moor road into the bus station only. Places such as Gleadless and Handsworth are inaccessible if you live here. Route 55 is not every hour, it starts at 9 am and finishes at 4.30 with no bus at 3.pm There is no way of getting directly to peaks before or after then. Going out of Sheffield you can only get to Chesterfield or Mansfield. Hardly a decent choice of alternative shopping.

not completely inaccessible if not direct. Simply change onto other buses or trams at Halfway or Manor Top.

Halfway is very close to Mosborough and has the 120 bus running every 8 minutes and the blue route tram every 10 minutes. The 120 also crosses Station Road near Mosborough.

All the main Mosborough buses into Sheffield City Centre pass through Manor Top where as well as the 120 and tram you have buses 32,39,42,44,123.

Wow new buses That will make a change from the worn out Leyland Olympians from the early 90's they were running recently.