Dog walking groups in s5/s6

HI there I was just wondering if there are any local dog walking groups in s5/s6 area that meet on a weekend ? thanks for your time matt.

Our walking group is based in S5, but we never walk there on a Sunday! We also have quite a few members who live in S5 and S6. Are you looking for walks in S5/S6 or for people based in S5/S6 to walk with?

We often do shorter midweek walks in S5, S6 and S35.

I am looking for people to walk with who don't mind a little 4 month old border collie running around trying to get her use to other dogs and keep her entertained thanks matt.

Dogs are welcome on our walks.

ok thank you I will see how she gets on in the next few weeks and then see about coming on a walk with her .

If your dog is only 4 months old I would be careful with distances. A rule of thumb that dog organisations advise is 20 mins per month of age, but with a dog like a border collie, I would imagine that they would say that a bit further would be ok. Up to 12-18 months you've got to be careful though, because you can cause damage to growing bones, that will affect them for the rest of their lives. (Arthritis I think!)

I used to take my puppy on 8-10 mile walks from about 4 months onwards, but until he was about 12 months of age I used to carry him about half the way in a backpack on my chest! Bit of a b****r getting over stiles, but otherwise it worked well.

Hi. I am also looking for people to dog walk with, especially with the dark nights.

I have just got back from a short 30 minute walk in Ecclesfield and didn't feel completely safe, especially in Ecclesfield Park.

I have a 12 month old whippet who is very friendly and eager to meet new dogs. Lol :0)

Has anyone managed to find a group yet?

Thank you :)

Dogs are welcome with our group http://www.shamblers.org.uk

Offering walks every Wednesday morning from Chapeltown - 4 miles

Daytime Walks every other Thursday - 5 to 6 miles

Evening Walks every other Thursday ( April to October ) 5 to 6 miles

Daytime Walks every other Saturday - 6 to 8 miles

Daytime Walks every Sunday - 8 to 12 miles

I will bring her along once she gets bigger and use to longer walks .:)

Hi,

I know you posted this quite a while ago but wondered if you are still looking for someone to walk with. I have just moved back to Sheffield and am looking for someone to walk my two year old dog with.

Thanks, Sue