Chiropractors and Osteopaths in Sheffield Recommendations

Why not try a physiotherapist? They're far more likely to be able to give you a sensible diagnosis rather than cobblers like "unequal spine". Your GP should be in a position to refer you.

Im seconding this as total rubbish! Physiotherapist did NOTHING to help my back. I tried 3. Then someone recommended a chiropractor and it took 2 sessions and I felt as good as new!

---------- Post added 11-02-2014 at 14:26 ----------

Theres a lot of people who use homeopathy who swear by it too but that doesn't mean its any good.

If you're going to pay then pay a someone with a proper qualification.

:roll: Chiropractors are qualified!

Why not try a physiotherapist? They're far more likely to be able to give you a sensible diagnosis rather than cobblers like "unequal spine". Your GP should be in a position to refer you.

Did you think that 'unequal spine' was my diagnosis? Of course not!

I just didn't want to go into endless details about what is wrong with my spine, how unevenly it moves because of all of the extra bones and degenerated discs and surgery that removed multiple nerves to treat my cancer.

I've got 2 full sets of lumbar ribs and the right transverse process of my L5 is extended at one side and articulates with the back of my right ilius. None of my lumbar discs are intact and I've also got a scoliosis secondary to the surgery which results in the left hand side of my spine pulling my spine out of alignment to the left throughout the thoracic portion of my spine.

My osteopath has kept my back working for the last 20 years when the NHS has done nothing apart from 3 sessions of physiotherapy that taught me exercises I already knew and then discharging me because they weren't prepared to treat an ongoing issue.

She has worked with the NHS stroke unit to maximise the movement I've got back in my torso after the neurosurgery I had done and continued their work after they discharged me too.

These days if I go to my GP to keep him updated on what is going on physically he takes her word as fact, because she can be much more in depth and specific than he can ever be with a 10 minute examination.

There- is that specific enough for you?

Agree totally, also agree that not all physiotherapists are good ones but can recommend an excellent private one

Agree totally, also agree that not all physiotherapists are good ones but can recommend an excellent private one

Physios roles are quite different to those of an osteopath and chiropractor.

Physios roles are quite different to those of an osteopath and chiropractor.

Yes a good one will get you better as quickly as possible, not take money off you for years for a few weeks of no pain

anyone know a chiropractor in the high green, chapeltown or Hillsborough it urgent as son is self employed but right now cant move so cant work

Mod Note:

Threads merged, please use our search function before creating a new thread.

Thanks

There's a chiropractor on Chapeltown hill based in the Drs surgery don't know how good they are. Opposite side of road from Ecclesfield comp down the hill toward chapeltown.

anyone know a chiropractor in the high green, chapeltown or Hillsborough it urgent as son is self employed but right now cant move so cant work

Yes - Active Chiropractic Clinics.

They have three locations - Broomhill, Ecclesfield and Chapeltown.

I have been under these for over 4 years - as I have a long term back problem, and the team here are (in my eyes) miracle workers!

http://sheffieldchiropractors.co.uk/

:thumbsup:

Be careful with Chiropractors as they can be a bit rough as I found to my cost at the one on Eccy Road on the corner of Broomgrove I think it is, they really hurt me, never been back since pardon the pun!

I tried an Osteopath, Active Health Clinic also on Eccy Road, fully qualified, been going years ever since the incident with the Chiropractor, I have lower and upper spinal problems which is made worse by cold wet weather so I go quite a bit in the winter. The first session is a little more but after that its currently £38 a session and if you're in the Westfield its a recognised practice which qualifies for reimbursement, some aren't so you need to be wary.

I went to Susan Pawsey in Fulwood once when my Osteopath was on holiday, she was also very good

---------- Post added 03-10-2014 at 20:28 ----------

GP to refer you to a Physio about 6-12 weeks by that time the damage is done!

Going direct to a Physio is the best option, try David Clay on Upperthorpe, that man IS a miracle worker and he's fully qualified!

---------- Post added 03-10-2014 at 20:38 ----------

Theres a lot of people who use homeopathy who swear by it too but that doesn't mean its any good.

If you're going to pay then pay a someone with a proper qualification.

Think you need to be re-educated!

Osteopaths are fully qualified and actually do significantly more intensive study on muscles, ligaments, bones and tendons than any medic or at least they did, had I done what my GP suggested I would now be using a wheelchair. I had this confirmed by an independent examination due to the type of injury I had sustained.

Just because a GP has a degree doesn't make them god like, yes ok for something's but spines erm no, still waiting for a deferral after 16 years!

Says a lot that!

Hi folks, another bad back victim speaking. Could anyone recommend treatment in Sheffield 8 or may be S7 ?