Walks in Sheffield

Ooh I will take a road trip to Foolow! Thanks.

If you do, then head out whilst it's wet, right now would be perfect. It can become little more than a trickle in summer. Also beware it's by the side of a busy road with no parking and no path on the verges if memory serves me right.

Here's a taster for ya. :)

Wyming Brook is about manageable and there are trickles of water (almost waterfall like). It's a pretty walk.

Is there a large waterfall behind Chatsworth House ? or am i thinking of somewhere else ?

It's not really a waterfall behind Chatsworth, it's where an aqueduct that used to run water from the lakes down to the house has broken, and water flows over the end after heavy rain.

There's a small waterfall not far from Langsett, but that's the only one I know of not far from Sheffield.

It's not really a waterfall behind Chatsworth, it's where an aqueduct that used to run water from the lakes down to the house has broken, and water flows over the end after heavy rain.

There's a small waterfall not far from Langsett, but that's the only one I know of not far from Sheffield.

Scoobz i stand corrected,i remember it now Thanks :)

Damflask & Agden reservoirs, or Endcliffe Park from the bottom to the top and back again :) Everywhere is so muddy at the moment though!

Is there a large waterfall behind Chatsworth House ? or am i thinking of somewhere else ?

Not quite true. The aqueduct was built as a ruin folly, as if they had some ancient roman ruins in the grounds (very fashionable in the mid 19th century); it's deliberately designed to cut off where it does and have the artificial waterfall over the end.

Not quite true. The aqueduct was built as a ruin folly, as if they had some ancient roman ruins in the grounds (very fashionable in the mid 19th century); it's deliberately designed to cut off where it does and have the artificial waterfall over the end.

I also stand corrected! You're never too old to learn something new are you?

Check out my book "Walking South Yorkshire" on Amazon.co.uk (has 10 five star reviews). It contains 30 circular walks between 2 and 8 miles exploring the ancient woodlands, best countryside and main rural visitor attractions in Sheffield, Rotherham and Barnsley. Also available from Waterstones in town and Meadowhall.

Lady bower and Howden reservoirs , especially impressive when the reservoir is overflowing.

Rivelin valley through the parks to the old rivelin post office.