What can I do with unwanted books?

The problem with book banks at recycling centres is that the charities concerned very rarely bother to come round and empty them. I've been recycling things and watched people trying to stuff books into the book bank and eventually giving up in disgust. To me that says that the charities don't really want the books very much.

Emmaus - charity helping the homeless, welcome books - they sell them for 50p for paperbacks and £1 for hardbacks or fill a carrier bag with books for £5.

Based in the old Sipelia works near Victoria Quays.

I was told that Rain rescue on Northern Avenue had enough books as I was going to take some there .

Canalforall are very good. They have had two carrier bags of books off me in the last few months. They will come and collect from your house too which saves you having to go out!

To lend them without having to pay for a license in the first place? (I don't have time to read that link right now, gotta go to work).

Libraries don't need licenses to loan print books.

You might be thinking of electronic books, which are typically licensed rather than owned.

salsafan did you manage to sort this as im looking for hardbk books as many as i can get that look general adverage size of most novels xxxxxxxxxxx

---------- Post added 08-04-2015 at 08:19 ----------

anyone looking to rid books particularly hardback ill use upcycle them pleae pm me or come by 83 chaucer rd s5 9ql x thanks x