Planning permission not followed

I need a bit of guidance here.

We live next to a property that has been converted recently into flats. The planning permission stated amongst other things that:

1) a fence should be erected to 2 feet above the height of the existing boundary wall to prevent overlooking.

If a change is urgent ie same day then I would suggest

2) 1st floor windows should be permanently part frosted (height defined in the permission)

My issue is that the flats have been completed and are now rented. The fence has not been erected and our new neighbours look into out garden as they walk up to their entrance. Secondly the landlord has used adhesive frosting to the first floor windows. This is not in accordance with the planning consent.

I have contacted the planning department several times over the past year. The only response was that they visited the property once and didn't feel that the first floor was overlooking. Since then I have had no response.

Could anyone advise how I should proceed with this?

How do I elevate this as a complaint within the planning department and if this fails, the next stage for redress?

Phone planning and ask to talk to the super visor or the chief clerk of works. The clerk of works who came out was giving his opinion . His boss will not like over ruling him but insist on him having a look personaly Do not be fobbed off and stress you will take it further if not satisfied.

i honestly don't think you'll get any satisfaction - the flats next to us were built with a tick box of things that had to be done, but in reality the builder did what he wanted and despite repeated complaints, they have now been up for 4 years, so seemingly it's just tough for us now and the builder no longer has any obligation to do the things that were specificied in the planning permission.

If you can't get any help from the planning department, go to a councillor's surgery and ask for their help. Its the sort of thing they get involved with.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/roles-who/councillors.html

Use the 'Find your councillor' section, the surgery dates and times are there.

the frosted glass---they will get away with

but the fencing should be installed

You could try putting your complaint to 'Planning enforcement' HERE

Thanks all think I might go down the councillor route. One of them for my area also sit on planning committee so he might have some clout!