Windows explorer error

Well, honestly... I'm not experiencing any of the issues you are with Chrome....

i'm using Version "32.0.1700.107 m"

and I haven't noticed any of the issues you mentioned!!

Well, honestly... I'm not experiencing any of the issues you are with Chrome....

i'm using Version "32.0.1700.107 m"

and I haven't noticed any of the issues you mentioned!!

I'm experiencing all these issues on three separate machines, two of which are completely clean installs from about 3 weeks ago, the other reinstalled over a year ago. The only thing these machines have in common is the Chrome version.

The UI issues have even attracted press coverage.

I'm experiencing all these issues on three separate machines, two of which are completely clean installs from about 3 weeks ago, the other reinstalled over a year ago. The only thing these machines have in common is the Chrome version.

The UI issues have even attracted press coverage.

Odd, have 3 fresh machines (1 Windows 7, 2 Windows 8) and a Freshly Installed Laptop (Windows 7) all running Chrome, with none of the issues you are mentioning...

The machines are varying from a slow Core 2 Duo (1.8Ghz) to an i7

Very odd!!

* EDIT *

I just read the link you posted, and it talks about the scroll bars, yes, mine are the same, without the arrows each end, but to be honest I never even noticed the change, as I usually use my mouse's scroll wheel, the cursors on the keyboard, or just click/drag the scroll bar to where I want....

Not seen any other "issues" though - I believe the scroll bars are just a design thing, and tbh, they are less obtrusive than other browsers and scroll bars, which honestly, I prefer...

Edited by Ghozer

I just read the link you posted, and it talks about the scroll bars, yes, mine are the same, without the arrows each end, but to be honest I never even noticed the change, as I usually use my mouse's scroll wheel, the cursors on the keyboard, or just click/drag the scroll bar to where I want....

Not seen any other "issues" though - I believe the scroll bars are just a design thing, and tbh, they are less obtrusive than other browsers and scroll bars, which honestly, I prefer...

The three main issues with the new scrollbars are accessibility, especially for people without good enough motor skills to click-and-drag; breaking of many mice wheels which interact with the button controls to navigate scroll areas; and the removal of the standard Windows feature of being able to drag up/down the scrollbar, then drag away from the bar and it to then snap back to where you started - great for reading sites like this where you want to quickly check what someone said further up the page.

And that's before you get to the complaints about it not respecting the Windows theme settings for things like high-contrast mode and sizing, or the legitimate complaints about rolling your own UI controls for platforms which have standard UI controls available.

What do you mean "uncool?"

IE? I have never said it was 'uncool' :)

The "Big one in the middle" isn't a search box, that's the web address, and that will often hang and not let you do anything until the page it's trying to load has loaded..

This is AFTER browser plugins and tool bars...

so if you have plugins and tool bars, it'll load them, then the home page (first page)

The small box at the top right, is the actual REAL search box, and the one you should be using..

Open the browser, and press ESCAPE on your keyboard a few times, and wait a minute...

then type about:blank in the big address box at the top and it should just give you a white page...

Set this as your homepage, close the browser (all windows) and re-open it, tell me if it's quicker, or works... (it will load to the blank page, but you should be able to type in a website address quickly)

Let me know, then we'll know if it's the website (your home page) or the browser (plugins, addons etc)

Thanks for that. I'll try it and let you know soon

---------- Post added 08-02-2014 at 18:58 ----------

IE? I have never said it was 'uncool' :)

Apologies. It was CPC464 said that. I must have clicked the wrong reference. Sorry

---------- Post added 08-02-2014 at 19:20 ----------

The "Big one in the middle" isn't a search box, that's the web address, and that will often hang and not let you do anything until the page it's trying to load has loaded..

This is AFTER browser plugins and tool bars...

so if you have plugins and tool bars, it'll load them, then the home page (first page)

The small box at the top right, is the actual REAL search box, and the one you should be using..

Open the browser, and press ESCAPE on your keyboard a few times, and wait a minute...

then type about:blank in the big address box at the top and it should just give you a white page...

Set this as your homepage, close the browser (all windows) and re-open it, tell me if it's quicker, or works... (it will load to the blank page, but you should be able to type in a website address quickly)

Let me know, then we'll know if it's the website (your home page) or the browser (plugins, addons etc)

Oh yes. I see. Thanks very much. I feel stupid sometimes.

---------- Post added 08-02-2014 at 19:23 ----------

I've done that. It deleted quite a lot of folders. I hope they were only adware. Now I have Google search where I didn't before. Adware Cleaner must have slipped it in. Anyway, thanks for the information. Google is a lot faster then Windows browser so now I use that. But it's strange how it got to be where I was expecting Windows. I didn't exactly ask for it but suddenly it was there. Ah well. The world is full of mysteries.

Edited by woolyhead