Farfield Inn, Neepsend Lane.

I also contacted the owner via his son, I would love to buy the place. Seeing it decay and crumble is so sad.

I also contacted the owner via his son, I would love to buy the place. Seeing it decay and crumble is so sad.

Thinking about reopening it? Been closed since 2007 after been damaged in the flood nice building.

It's not the same these days without a Ford Cortina rotting in front of it

It's not the same these days without a Ford Cortina rotting in front of it

Anybody know the history of this car?

As it's happens I do !

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin.........................................................................................................................................................................

As it's happens I do !

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin.........................................................................................................................................................................

I mean the actual car, not the history of Ford.:)

pity there cant be a fundraising thing like the gardeners to buy it I didnt realise it was so old is it listed?

Thing is, who would drink there now? It's pretty inaccessible, sat in the middle of nowhere

I thought it was the farfield pub,thats what I knew it as when it was a popular pub in the 70's.

If it was a white one, it belonged to Ralph Salt, the old landlord.

I thought it was the farfield pub,thats what I knew it as when it was a popular pub in the 70's.

Yes Farfield Inn is the pubs name never been called Fairfield it was once renamed the ' Owl' for a time then went back to been the Farfield. The pub did trade as an bed and breakfast for trades men.

---------- Post added 26-12-2016 at 22:00 ----------

Thing is, who would drink there now? It's pretty inaccessible, sat in the middle of nowhere

No doubt an issue if the pub did reopen it would have to do something that would draw in custom perhaps going back to an B&B aimed at labours working in Sheffield together with an real ale outlet?

Its very unlikely that it will open again, as there was too much damage to the basement in the flood a few years ago.