Farfield Inn, Neepsend Lane.

Haha! Id be very unlikely to share THAT kind of adventure on here :hihi:

As you walk down through WPV, at one point there's one of the best views around, twking in the valley, with Kingswood Hall looming up amongst thre trees and houses. It's absolutely stunning.

I wonder what will become of the church though, I can't see it being fanatically viable as a flats conversion, but I can't see what other use it could have. A very atmospheric (OK, spooky) site though.,

This reminded me of a drama series

- but on this episode at 35mins and sec, - where they are running out of the railway station, the outside part of this scene, and right to the end (minus the garage bit) was recorded in WPV before demolition :) Edited by *_ash_*

This reminded me of a drama series
- but on this episode at 35mins and sec, - where they are running out of the railway station, the outside part of this scene, and right to the end (minus the garage bit) was recorded in WPV before demolition :)

Cheers Ash, I'll check that out.

I notice it now has a SOLD sign up so watch this space Blooming eck just seen this!!!

jhttp://www.markjenkinson.co.uk/auctions/tuesday-30th-january-2018/display/Farfield+Inn%2C+376+Neepsend+Lane%2C+Sheffield-%7C-2521

Looks like thats not working but the auction result says sold for £250000 !

Edited by Ms Interpret
more info

I don't think The Pheasant is a listed building.

Neither is it a mosque lol! ???

There's a nice area of granite cobbles fronting the building.

So the building has been purchased and will be turned into a mosque?

Is that the gist of it? ;-)

So the building has been purchased and will be turned into a mosque?

No lol! :hihi:

When someone mentioned The Pheasant being a listed building, it reminded me of someone posting as a joke on Facebook that it was going to be turned into a mosque and the EDL called a demo and 100 idiots turned up and marched from The Wordsworth to Lane Top to protest about it!!!! :loopy:

I notice it now has a SOLD sign up so watch this space Blooming eck just seen this!!!

jhttp://www.markjenkinson.co.uk/auctions/tuesday-30th-january-2018/display/Farfield+Inn%2C+376+Neepsend+Lane%2C+Sheffield-%7C-2521

Looks like thats not working but the auction result says sold for £250000 !

Try this:

http://www.markjenkinson.co.uk/auctions/tuesday-30th-january-2018/display/Farfield+Inn%2C+376+Neepsend+Lane%2C+Sheffield-%7C-2521

Thanks for that. Will be very interested to see what happens next. £250000 seems an awful lot to pay for something that will probably need a lot of money spending on it !!

I was interested in this building but just couldn't get my head around what its future use would be.

I watch with interest and wish the new owners every success in their new venture.

I was interested in this building but just couldn't get my head around what its future use would be.

I watch with interest and wish the new owners every success in their new venture.

As it stands , the current footprint of the building is big enough to convert into six self contained units. Plenty of profit there for the owner.