Farfield Inn, Neepsend Lane.

Listing means nothing, there are many fine buildings which have absolutely no protection at yet here is a fine example of grade 2 protection !!

http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s00652&pos=26&action=zoom&id=4549

Edited by Odd-jobs

I don't think The Pheasant is a listed building.

Nor do I, but I bet keeping the front helped their application to build there.

Also included in the WPV of course is Kingswood Hall, which is one of the best examples I've ever seen for keeping old building. It's in my top few best buildings in Sheffield, for me.

As you walk down through WPV, at one point there's one of the best views around, taking in the valley, with Kingswood Hall looming up amongst thre trees and houses. It's absolutely stunning.

I wonder what will become of the church though, I can't see it being financially viable as a flats conversion, but I can't see what other use it could have. A very atmospheric (OK, spooky) site though.

Edited by Olive

As you walk down through WPV, at one point there's one of the best views around, twking in the valley, with Kingswood Hall looming up amongst thre trees and houses. It's absolutely stunning.

I wonder what will become of the church though, I can't see it being fanatically viable as a flats conversion, but I can't see what other use it could have. A very atmospheric (OK, spooky) site though.,

According to Wiki, there was an application a number of years ago to turn the Church into a series of 'town houses and apartments'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middlewood_Hospital

According to Wiki, there was an application a number of years ago to turn the Church into a series of 'town houses and apartments'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middlewood_Hospital

Over 20 years since they had a service there, the place must be in a state now. 6 years since that planning application. There are agent's boards up, but no-one seems to be biting.

It was finally closed due to damage from the floods a few years ago. shame, had some good nights in there.

Still got a "pool" table apparently!

And a stair lift! In one of the bedrooms was a poster of Marilyn Manson, scared the poo out of me I can tell you! ?

---------- Post added 05-02-2018 at 08:19 ----------

As you walk down through WPV, at one point there's one of the best views around, twking in the valley, with Kingswood Hall looming up amongst thre trees and houses. It's absolutely stunning.

I wonder what will become of the church though, I can't see it being fanatically viable as a flats conversion, but I can't see what other use it could have. A very atmospheric (OK, spooky) site though.,

I trained at Middlewood hospital and remember taking patients to church on Sunday mornings. I also had a strange encounter walking up to the nurses residence, past the church. It must be in a terrible state now.

And a stair lift! In one of the bedrooms was a poster of Marilyn Manson, scared the poo out of me I can tell you! ?

Used to drink in there back in the early 90`s . Saturday night locks in . Old Ralf sometimes used to go to bed and left us to it and said " just put the money in the till" :hihi::hihi:

His missus Sue was constantly drunk . The good old days .

I trained at Middlewood hospital and remember taking patients to church on Sunday mornings. I also had a strange encounter walking up to the nurses residence, past the church. It must be in a terrible state now.

You can't just leave us with that! I'm imagining all sorts.

Used to drink in there back in the early 90`s . Saturday night locks in . Old Ralf sometimes used to go to bed and left us to it and said " just put the money in the till" :hihi::hihi:

His missus Sue was constantly drunk . The good old days .

Indeed! :hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 05-02-2018 at 13:36 ----------

You can't just leave us with that! I'm imagining all sorts.

Haha! There was an old lady in a nightie stood underneath a lamppost on the side of the path. She didn't speak but was smiling. As I got nearer to ask if she was ok (I assumed she was a patient who had managed to get off one of the wards) she turned and disappeared. Literally vanished. I rang round all the wards to check she wasn't missing but there were no missing patients that night. The reason I mentioned the lamppost was because she had that orangey glow you used to get from the old lampposts when stood underneath them. It wasn't until the next day that I realised there was no lamppost where I had seen her.

Indeed! :hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 05-02-2018 at 13:36 ----------

Haha! There was an old lady in a nightie stood underneath a lamppost on the side of the path. She didn't speak but was smiling. As I got nearer to ask if she was ok (I assumed she was a patient who had managed to get off one of the wards) she turned and disappeared. Literally vanished. I rang round all the wards to check she wasn't missing but there were no missing patients that night. The reason I mentioned the lamppost was because she had that orangey glow you used to get from the old lampposts when stood underneath them. It wasn't until the next day that I realised there was no lamppost where I had seen her.

Flamin' Nora! I thought it was going to be an encounter of the romantic misadventure kind!

I do love a good spooky story, and the old Middlewood site certainly has its share.

Flamin' Nora! I thought it was going to be an encounter of the romantic misadventure kind!

I do love a good spooky story, and the old Middlewood site certainly has its share.

Haha! Id be very unlikely to share THAT kind of adventure on here :hihi: