Farfield Inn, Neepsend Lane.

My money is on it being developed into a block of apartments. The building is big enough to turn into six units . Thats where the money is .

My money is on it being developed into a block of apartments. The building is big enough to turn into six units . Thats where the money is .

So you think that people will like to live next to waste management and skip depots as well as a knocking shop industrial estate:rolleyes:

There are new flats built about 400 yards away that seem very popular.

The whole area is being gentrified.

So I think he's probably right.

I certainly think so. It's way too big to be a pub.

Perhaps if all the new development was closer, there could be a pub use downstairs with flats above, but it's a few years down the line I think, the development to get that far up.

Agreed. The new ski slope will help with the regeneration as well. I did wonder whether a company like Wetherspoons would be interested. They will need a pub at that end at some point. Time will tell I guess. I can't help but feel sad that my dreams for the place were never realised but little people like me rarely get those kind of opportunities. Let's just hope they start restoring it soon.

Sorry you didn't get to put your plans into practice Gnomi. Best we can hope for is to see the building kept and restored as part of the plans of whoever has bought it. It will be really upsetting if their plans include knocking it down, there was a whole wealth of history in that area which has been almost entirely lost.

Sorry you didn't get to put your plans into practice Gnomi. Best we can hope for is to see the building kept and restored as part of the plans of whoever has bought it. It will be really upsetting if their plans include knocking it down, there was a whole wealth of history in that area which has been almost entirely lost.

Thanks Olive ? Fingers crossed eh!

My Great Grandparents used to live on Farfield Road in the 1920s, would love to see what it looked like but can't find any pictures. I imagine they were just back to back terraced houses. Only one I can find is this one taken in 1968. http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?action=zoomWindow&keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s18231&prevUrl=

My Great Grandparents used to live on Farfield Road in the 1920s, would love to see what it looked like but can't find any pictures. I imagine they were just back to back terraced houses. Only one I can find is this one taken in 1968. http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?action=zoomWindow&keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s18231&prevUrl=

Here you go,

http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s15744&pos=2&action=zoom

Is it history that is worth keeping a dilapidated building for?

Is that particular building historically significant somehow?

Guest makapaka

It survived the Sheffield flood and appears on lots of early photographs of sheffield recording the flood damage.

It's an important point of reference in that respect.

It survived the Sheffield flood and appears on lots of early photographs of sheffield recording the flood damage.

It's an important point of reference in that respect.

Hope it survives as it is

Edited by Chap BLADE

Though not picture, gives you an idea of the housing.

I've clicked on the 25 inch map here, to see each individual house (it's from about 1900 though)

Suprisngly (I thought) none of the surrounding streets were back to back. The nearest ones I can see are around Gilpin Street, or up near the ski village on Wallace road.

http://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoom=17&lat=53.3959&lon=-1.4857&layers=168&b=1

Edited by *_ash_*